Options

Whew, I just realized I spent a cool grand $$$$

2»

Comments

• Options
    traceyketraceyke Member Posts: 100 ■■□□□□□□□□
    tpatt100 wrote: »
    It's not about being a "boss" in your house. It's about knowing what is going on in both sides of the house due to shared responsibilities when it comes to finances. I don't need to be a boss in my house, I have a partner.

You literally took the words out of my mouth lol.
  • Options
    networkjutsunetworkjutsu Member Posts: 275 ■■■□□□□□□□
    petedude wrote: »
    . . . to spend $1000+ on a basic Cisco cert.

By the time you get done buying books, rack time (maybe), lab kits, test prep software, exams and maybe even sitting through classes/boot camps, you may have spent the same as for one semester of college at an inexpensive school. Worse, unless you have years of related experience under your belt, you've no idea what you will really need until the end (not to mention panic or "I wants" setting in).

$1K? I spent less than $500 to get my CCNA back in the day. It included three routers for home lab, three semesters in a community college for CCNA classes, Cisco Press book, and exams (INTRO and ICND).
  • Options
    techdudeheretechdudehere Member Posts: 164
    Very easy in this field to spend too much time studying. I always take time off between certs. If you're not spending as much time on your relationship as you are on career, then you'll end up in worse financial shape. Divorce!
  • Options
    dave330idave330i Member Posts: 2,091 ■■■■■■■■■■
    $1100 so far this year. $825 for 3 exams and rest on books. Company's covering all of it.
    2018 Certification Goals: Maybe VMware Sales Cert
    "Simplify, then add lightness" -Colin Chapman