Options

Windows Server 2008: Network Infrastructure Configuration - 70-642 - Questions

Hello Guys!

I am preparing for MCTS 70-642. I had a class on 70-642 when I was studying in a local institute. We had a single chapter per day and labs per chapter and 2 projects in the end of semester.

We were taught courses on A+, Win 7, Win 2008:NI and AD, VMWare vSphere 4, CCNA, SharePoint, Security+,CWNA,Hyper-v and Exchange 2007.

Do you think watching cbtnuggets and reading the book plus lab time would be enough?

On which part should I focus more? and how long should i study for 70-642 if i will give 1 to 2 hours a day for it and 3 to 4 hours on weekends ?

Replies would be very much appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    X10MMXX10MMX Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi,

I am studying for 70-642 as well.. I do the same amount of studying 2 hours a night and 3 to 4 hours at weekends. I would read through the exam objectives and see if you can explain what each objective is and how to configure them.

I am watching the CBT Nugget videos and also user the Microsoft press book. I am hoping to take mine mid next month and i started a few weeks ago.
  • Options
    hackmerhackmer Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    jmritenourjmritenour Member Posts: 565
    Know DNS inside and out - especially the non-AD related DNS options. Especially make sure you understand the different types of records, and how you'd use them.

Also, make sure you are familiar with Routing and Remote Access, network policies, and how it all ties together with Network Access Protection.

Good luck - this can be a difficult exam, just because of the diversity of the material covered.
    "Start by doing what is necessary, then do what is possible; suddenly, you are doing the impossible." - St. Francis of Assisi