Options

I need NAT study guide material ASAP!

s0c0s0c0 Member Posts: 76 ■■□□□□□□□□
Neither of the books I have read included NAT. Reading these forums I have realized it is all but certain that NAT will appear on the exam I'm taking in exactly a week. Some good NAT resources could really help me out, thanks.

Comments

• Options
    2lazybutsmart2lazybutsmart Member Posts: 1,119
    All you need to know about NAT on the CCNA exam is the one-page technical literature about NAT on Lammel's book... he even tells you the exam doesn't cover the more indepth topics of NAT.

what study guide are you using?

2lbs.
    Exquisite as a lily, illustrious as a full moon,
    Magnanimous as the ocean, persistent as time.
  • Options
    AlienAlien Member Posts: 398
    Remember that you are sitting for an entry level engineering exam and for that you also need to know the concepts as well as how to configure routing protocols, WAN protocols, ACL and indeed NAT among others as listed in the exam objectives. I suggest you get the ICND study guide by Cisco Press or better still dive into google. I can assure you that its much better to take this exam overprepared or you'll be sorry. Goodluck
    Hard times on planet earth.
  • Options
    s0c0s0c0 Member Posts: 76 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Alien: 4th edition as I recall does not have that much information on NAT. I can't recall the book going over any NAT router configurations.

2lazy: I couldn't agree more. I am planning 3 studying binge friday - sunday. Cell phone off!
  • Options
    AlienAlien Member Posts: 398
    It seems like you found what you were looking for. I just wanted to clarify that i meant the CCNA ICND study guide by Wendel Odom which covers all you need to know on NAT concepts and configuration as from page 260 onwards.
    I once borrowed a friends Todd Lammles 4th edition and pulled off a score of 814 in the exam based on that book alone. I later realised regrettebly that the book skipped over NAT icon_eek.gif . I am now perussing thru Wendel Odom's INTRO and ICND coupled with what i can recall from Todd Lammle's 4th edition. The exam is not that hard, it's just how well prepared you are.
    Hard times on planet earth.