Options

what are you doing to keep your CEH certification?

aizzaacaizzaac Registered Users Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello

There are many people that have a CEH certification. I was planning to get one, but after reading the forum and realising that there are other certifications: eCPPT, OSCP (not as popular as CEH but better); and knowing what I have to do to keep the CEH certification (being a teacher, write papers, going to conferences, etc) I have concluded that it is not worth it.

Anyway... just curious...what are you guys doing to keep your CEH certification?

Bye

Comments

• Options
    the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I let mine lapse as it really hasn't made a difference for me on the job front. Nice to have the initials, but it wasn't a cert that I am going to worry about continuing education credits on.
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • Options
    the_hutchthe_hutch Banned Posts: 827
    Anytime I get an IT book on my Kindle, I upload the invoice to EC-Council for 5 points. I also just started a video series on youtube to meet my CE requirement (5 points for each one...)

drstarskymrhutch - YouTube
  • Options
    tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I got mine recently unless things change I doubt I will keep it current. I got the CHFI last month and I don't know there is something about EC-Council site, the emails they send, the way they send the cert from BFE that just makes the whole organization feel "cheap".
  • Options
    jasong318jasong318 Member Posts: 102
    Totally agree with you tpatt100, thought I was the only one. There is definitely something 'off' about the whole org...