CCENT / ICND1 Test Tomorrow

Carl_S_901Carl_S_901 Member Posts: 105
Nerves are fairly shot at the present and I suspect it will be worse tomorrow.

Tomorrow afternoon I'll be cracking open the beer and hopefully it will be for a celebration and not as a result of a failure.

Thanks

Carl S.

Check out my personal certification journey blog
Carl's Certification Journey | The road to getting certified can often be bumpy
Carl S.

http://carlscertjourney.wordpress.com/

Comments

• Patel128Patel128 Member Posts: 339
    Good luck! What did you use to study?
    Studying For:
    B.S. in Computer Science at University of Memphis
    Network+
    Currently Reading:
    CompTIA Network+ Study Guide - Lammle
  • lantechlantech Member Posts: 329
    Good luck tomorrow. Remember to take your time but not to much time and to read the questions and answers carefully.
    2012 Certification Goals

CCENT: 04/16/2012
    CCNA: TBD
  • NoercNoerc Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    good luck! you will knock it out of the park
  • luberguilarteluberguilarte Member Posts: 112
    take a good sleep and do not overload your brain , just do some reviews in the morning and that's it , leave it alone , if you taking the test tomorrow that means you are all confident that you can do this , so , go and play the game like michael jordan .
  • Carl_S_901Carl_S_901 Member Posts: 105
    I used the following books to study:

Networking for Home and Small Businesses, CCNA Discovery Learning Guide
    Working at a Small-to-Medium Business or ISP, CCNA Discovery Learning Guide
    CCENT/CCNA ICND1 640-822 Official Cert Guide (3rd Edition) - Wendell Odom

along with:

Network Simulator
    Packet Tracer
    Real Gear

Exam is about 3 1/2 hours from now and I'm just relaxing and not studying today.
    Carl S.

lantech,

The time management does have me a bit concerned. More specifically, I am worried about rushing as opposed to not finishing. On the couple of practice exams I took, I had about 40 minutes left when I finished.
    Carl S.

• jsb515jsb515 Member Posts: 253
    you'll do fine and if you do fail chalk it up as part of the learning experience and ace it the next time. icon_thumright.gif
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Good luck!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
    PASSED!!

Scored a 937

Only downer was that according to the report I only got 50% on the Security Threats questions. As someone who made a near perfect score (897/900) on the Security+ exam back in April, I am kind of bummed about that. I am pretty sure I know which question it was though out of the couple that I recall seeing about security. It had some goofy answers to chose from.

In any event, I am a CCENT now.

Next up, ICND2.

Thanks

Carl S.

Carl's Certification Journey | The road to getting certified can often be bumpy
    Carl S.

• r_durantr_durant Member Posts: 486 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! icon_cheers.gif Go drown the security woes drunken_smilie.gif
    CCNA (Expired...), MCSE, CWNA, BSc Computer Science
    Working on renewing CCNA!
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats! Perfect way to start the weekend.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
    I agree.

The suds have already been flowing. :)
    Carl S.

• luberguilarteluberguilarte Member Posts: 112
    congratulations
  • USM_ITCboyUSM_ITCboy Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass. I also took my ICND1 exam today but I didn't pass. icon_sad.gif I'll be trying it again later this month. Are we allowed to ask the chart that shows our performance on each section of the exam b/c there's 1 part that I don't get?

Btw, Carl_S_901, which testing center did you go to? I sat beside someone who was also taking the test.
    I took the test at LabFour in Memphis. (Next to Bass Pro Shops / Across the street from Southwest Tennessee Community College)

My appointment was at 2:00pm but I got there early and started the exam about 1:30pm.

I was definitely sitting next to someone who was also taking the ICND1 exam but had started before I got there.

Was that you?

My exam report had a breakdown of the sections and the % for each section.
    Carl S.

• YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Awesome job Carl!
  • ChitownjediChitownjedi Member Posts: 578 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Yeah, that was definitely me. My test was @ 1:00. Again, congrats on the pass man. You were certainly confident & it showed in the score you earned. Unfortunately, I received a 750 icon_sad.gif I'm going to have to go back to business & start studying asap. I plan to retake this test by the end of the month so keep me in ya'll's thoughts. What really puzzled me what that I received a 0% in "Explain and select the appropriate administrative tasks required for a WLAN". I didn't have that many wireless questions & I was sure I nailed those. Wireless & subnetting were my strongest areas in my opinion. I almost think I accidentally skipped a question or something.
  • steve2012steve2012 Member Posts: 93 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass Carl. Nice score !!

Steve
    USM_ITCboy wrote: »
    Yeah, that was definitely me. My test was @ 1:00.

I was on question 47 out of 50 when I heard a deep sigh. I cracked my eyes to the right and you had your head down and looked dejected. I thought "Oh Man, that can't be good". It also gave me pause for a second because I knew my score would be showing up after 3 more questions.

I made 100% on the WLAN section but I remember the questions being a bit wonky and having some correct answers that were somewhat questionable in my opinion. However, the wrong answers were just so totally wrong that I had to stick with the answers I picked. Apparently I was right in that area.

I feel for you, but keep at it. You are young and will do good if you just keep at it.

FYI: I took the CCNA composite twice in one month back in 2004 and failed it both times.

Something fell in place this weekend so I am actually going to be back over there Tuesday or Wednesday to take both A+ exams. Previously, I had decided to not take them due to pricing. After that it is on to ICND2 studies.

Good luck to you!
    Carl S.

Thanks Carl. Also, would you mind sharing what you used to study. My regime was only consisted of studying Todd Lammle's CCENT book. I took notes on all the chapters BUT I didn't do any of the questions at the end of the chapters nor did I practice anything on PacketTracer or real equipment. I was strictly using Lammle's book (not including end-of-chapter questions) + previous experience from my Cisco Networking Academy classes from about 4+ years ago...
  • jsb515jsb515 Member Posts: 253
    Do the questions at the end of each chapter! I do not test well on end of Chapter 3 so I went back and reread the whole chapter and did better. Also you do need to lab and you can use Packet Tracer or buy NetSim from Boson to do that. Also take advantage of the material on the CD with the lammel books.
    USM_ITCboy wrote: »
    Thanks Carl. Also, would you mind sharing what you used to study.

I had the first two classes in Cisco Networking Academy (Discovery version) and read the Wendell Odom ICND1 book. I also used the Pearson IT/Cisco Press Network Simulator and did most of those labs. I finished the 2nd Cisco Academy class on May 2nd so it is still fresh in my head as well.

I have the Lammle book as well but did not use it for ICND1. I do play to use it for ICND2 though after I finish the Wendell Odom ICND2 book.

In my opinion, you have to get the hands on experience as well so you know the commands cold. Some of those questions were drop dead easy if you knew the command(s) to type in the router to extract the information. Whether you use simulators, packet tracer, or real gear is up to you.

With the Lammle book, you DEFINITELY want to do end-of-chapter review questions and exercises. He tells you this at the beginning of the book (How to Use the Book section) and he is right. Don't skip them. :)

Good Luck Man
    Carl S.

• gadav478gadav478 Member Posts: 374 ■■■□□□□□□□
    How rare is that? Two people from TE testing at the same testing center, testing for the same exam at the same time. Wild! Congrats Carl and good luck ITC.
    Goals for 2015: CCNP
  • NotHackingYouNotHackingYou Member Posts: 1,460 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Good luck!
    When you go the extra mile, there's no traffic.