Options

4/29 Results IN! I PASSED!

trinity000trinity000 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
Took the test on 4/29 after receiving a voucher from my employer that expired in 2 months. I studied as much as I could while working full-time and attending school. But regardless I PASSED!!!!

WOHOO!

Comments

• Options
    Ricky5chsRicky5chs Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats trinity!
  • Options
    Thanks Ricky... Now starts the endorsement process and the long wait to actually receive the full certification.
  • Options
    At least the hard part is over! I took the exam May 6th so hopefully I get my results next week. Congrats again.
  • Options
    Best of luck to you. Also when you see the e-mail in your inbox... pretend it is a stuck on band-aid and just open it quick... don't sit and think about it. I stared at it for 5 minutes and it was torture...
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice.
  • Options
    whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Congratz to you!
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • Options
    spicy ahispicy ahi Member Posts: 413 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    Spicy :cool: Mentor the future! Be a CyberPatriot!
  • Options
    emerald_octaneemerald_octane Member Posts: 613
    congrats man studying while working and going to school is intense
  • Options
    flatworldflatworld Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Great job.
    What material did you use, how long did you study for?
    I passed mine october 2010.

trinity000 wrote: »
    Took the test on 4/29 after receiving a voucher from my employer that expired in 2 months. I studied as much as I could while working full-time and attending school. But regardless I PASSED!!!!

WOHOO!
    Next up: OSCP
  • Options
    I used the Shon Harris AIO (kindle version) and a few of the videos from LabSim (testout.com). Honestly over the course of the 2 month window if I got in 30 hours of reading that would be pushing it.

Back story though, I work for the US Coast Guard as an Information Systems Technician and I have spent a few years at sea dealing with classified and secure systems, Operational Security, System Support Plans, Physical Security etc... Plus currently I am an instructor and a curriculum developer (I write courses of instruction). I think the instructing and Curriculum development allowed me to better understand the questions and get to the root of what they were asking.
  • Options
    Out of curiosity anyone have a good resume template that ISC2 liked? My current resume is very military styled and I am afraid it might not suit their tastes.
  • Options
    nomadicallynomadically Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Way to go, congrats!