online.COVER LETTERv-0.pdf
resume
online.RESUMEv-0.pdf

cover letter
Aaaaaaa Aaaaaa
asdfasdfasdf@buffalo.edu Cell (646) 123-3456
123-45 queens, NY 11429

May 29, 2012

Department of Information Technology and Telecommunications (DoITT)
Recruitment Office
75 Park Place - 9th Floor
New York, NY 10007

Dear Recruiter:

This letter is in response to the computer programmer analyst position on nyc.gov’s IT job opportunities website. I was excited to find your advertisement for the IT position because I believe my skillset and interests closely correspond to what is necessary to be successful at the position. As a graduate of the University at Buffalo School of Management, I have the education, problem-solving, analytical, and social skills to become an effective computer programmer analyst.

Through my university courses, I have experience in a wide range of skills necessary for the computer programmer analyst position, including developing components of comprehensive management plans, writing and presenting reports, creating various queries, forms and reports. For example, I was able to collaborate with two other students to create a fully functioning Access database that we were able to present with our fellow peers. I was able to collect and analyze data, which required a high level of attention to detail. Based on the job description, I see that you are looking for someone who has experience working with the Oracle SQL with the ability to work independently. In my Database Management Systems course, I teamed up with 3 other students to create a relational database system based on the SDLC methodology for an online media recruiting firm, my individual task was to provide the queries and tables using Oracle SQL Developer.

I am confident that I could make both immediate and long‐term contributions to the Department of Information Technology and Telecommunications (DoITT). I feel that my strong interest in project management and information technologies would aid me in performing the daily tasks at a high level. I would respectfully welcome the opportunity to meet with you to discuss ways in which I could contribute to the Enterprise APP Services work unit. You may contact me at (646) dba-sdlc or by email at techexam@Buffalo.edu. I look forward to meeting with you and discussing my qualifications in more detail. Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely,

Aaaaaa Aaaaa

Enc.

resume
Aaaaaa Aaaaaaa
a34343234@buffalo.edu Cell (646) 123-1212
123-45 queens, NY 11429

OBJECTIVE

To obtain the computer programmer analyst position at the Department of Information Technology and Telecommunications (DoITT), where I would be able to utilize my skills thereby contributing to the agency’s and city’s growth.

EDUCATION

University at Buffalo, The State University of New York
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, May 2012
Concentration Management Information Systems; Concentration GPA: 3.0/4.0

SKILLS

• Proficient in Microsoft applications, specifically Project, Excel, Access, Visio, SharePoint, PowerPoint, and Publisher.
• Knowledge of database software and modeling; proficient with Oracle RDMS and Microsoft SQL Server.
• Clear and concise written verbal skills.
• Ability to communicate technical concepts into non-technical terms (and vice versa).
• Skillful knowledge and troubleshooting skills of Windows Operating systems, Microsoft Protocol’s, LAN, TCP/IP, HTTP, DNS, Remote Computing, & Active Directory.

PROJECTS

SACKD - Management of IT Projects Spring 2012
• Created a fictitious business-to-consumer web service using various Project Management techniques with a team of five students.
• Developed business case, quality management plan, context level data flow diagram, use case diagram, project schedule and budget using Microsoft Project and Visio.

SOMMA - Systems Analysis and Design Spring 2012
• Worked in a team to apply the systems analysis and design methods, techniques, and tools to the analysis and design of a low-to-moderate-complexity information systems application for an organization.
• Analyzed system requirements and designed the application system by creating appropriate diagrams and graphical user interface using Microsoft Visio.

Cutting Edge - Database Management Systems Fall 2011
• Collaborated with team members in the development of a fully relational database system for an online media recruiting firm that compiled all their business data and operations cohesively using SDLC process.
• Created various types of queries and tables using Oracle SQL Developer.

Anglers Archive - Introduction to Management Information Systems Summer 2011
• Coordinated with team members in the development of a community-based database system for users who want specific and interactive information about fishing.
• Designed project webpage, created various queries, forms and reports using Microsoft Access.

SELECTED EXPERIENCE

Educational (University at Buffalo) Buffalo, NY April 2010 - Aug. 2010
Office Assistant
• Maintained smooth office operations by answering telephones, photocopying, mail delivery, monitoring main desk area, filing documents, data entry, and daily errands.
• Assisted academic advisers and students with various tasks.

Department of (University at Buffalo) Buffalo, NY Jan. 2009 - May 2009
Office Assistant
• Facilitated office workflow by making copies, along with collecting and sending out their mail/packages.
• Maximized department efficiency by accomplishing extensive tasks using Microsoft Excel for record keeping.
• Assisted professors by preparing exams and classroom material.
• Demonstrated the ability to handle highly confidential and financial information in a sensitive manner.

CAMPUS INVOLVEMENT

Member of: Sept. 2011 - Present
• MISA (Management Information Systems Association)
• SOMMA (School of Management Minority Alliance)