Quick re-certication Question

eliteelite Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
After successfully passing the Network+ certification.. do you ever have to renew the certification? icon_confused.gif:

Comments

• bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    there is nothing to stop somebody from taking the network+ exam with every objective change, but you do become certified for life with the first pass.
    A+ Moderator
  • eliteelite Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    alright. thanks :D
  • headcaseheadcase Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    With that said, what good is the Net+ cert going to be if I passed tomorrow, ten years from now? There will be new technologies out by then and this old stuff will be a distant memory.
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Ethernet is 20 years old already... I think it will last a couple of decades more... the OSI model will outlast us all, and so will almost anything you will learn for Network+ be a good basis that will last a lifetime.

Oh yeah... and it seems Netware just won't die icon_twisted.gif

Network+ isn't mandatory for a networking career, but it is a great start.
  • bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    headcase wrote:
    With that said, what good is the Net+ cert going to be if I passed tomorrow, ten years from now? There will be new technologies out by then and this old stuff will be a distant memory.

then it's up to the individual to remain aware of as many of the developments since their certification as posible by being able to work with each new technology or by reading about it.
    A+ Moderator