Options

Going Over You're Bosses Head

2»

Comments

• Options
    the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I understand immediate problems that cannot wait for a ticket (phone doesn't work, in the middle of a presentation, consultant needs wifi access). But I have users here who will not report a problem based solely on the fact that they do not want to put a ticket in. But that won't stop them from complaining to their manager that IT will not help them. They'll manager will then come to us, complain we aren't helping, and then when he say "he or she did not tell us or put in a ticket" the manager's reply is "oh he/she didn't tell me that." I just want a ticket in at some point, people here will grab you, you'll fix their issue and you'll say "could you put a ticket in on this?" I don't feel it's asking a whole lot, HR makes them submit requests in writing and fill out a ton of paperwork...I'm just asking for three lines on a website and a button press.
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • Options
    astrogeekastrogeek Member Posts: 251 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Some people just like to complain, even if they did follow procedure and open a ticket they'd find something else to complain about, (you took too long, didn't do it right, something else broke and you must have been responsible, etc). They probably have people constantly calling them with complaints in their line of work so this is their way of just passing the stress ball onto another. I wouldn't rattle the cage over it while your still new, your boss probably has dealt with it long enough to know that some things will just never change.

Best advice I can give is to just cover your self in case stuff hits the fan - I like the more profane version of that saying myself ;)
  • Options
    DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Dam if some one called up with an issue, or we where out and about doing a job and they pulled us aside to help them. It was standard to remind them that a ticket was needed and then offer to create it for them.

I probable created at least 1 in 10 tickets for users, if I had time I would take them though it as well to make sure they where doing it correctly.
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.