Options

Are there any IPV6 centric exams or certifications out there?

bugzy3188bugzy3188 Member Posts: 213 ■■■□□□□□□□
Just curious, this is something that I would lilke to get a deep understanding of. Does anyone know of any certifications or exams that deal primarily with the implementation, conversion, and new technologies associated with IPV6?
If you havin frame problems I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but a switch ain't one

Comments

• Options
    vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
  • Options
    +1 thanks for the tip..
    If you havin frame problems I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems but a switch ain't one
  • Options
    ChooseLifeChooseLife Member Posts: 941 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Yep, the cert from Hurricane Electric is the first, and to be honest the only one that comes to mind...
    “You don’t become great by trying to be great. You become great by wanting to do something, and then doing it so hard that you become great in the process.” (c) xkcd #896

GetCertified4Less
    - discounted vouchers for certs
  • Options
    Does Hurricane hold any weight as far as certs are concerned?
  • Options
    NetworkEnchanterNetworkEnchanter Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Does Hurricane hold any weight as far as certs are concerned?
    Seriously?

Level-1: How many bits are in an IPv6 address and how do you write them?
    Level-2: Have an IPv6-capable OS
    Level-3: Have an IPv6-capable Webserver
    Level-4: Have an IPv6-capable E-mail server

HE's certifications seem to be more about encouraging the public to use IPv6, than teaching network engineers or administrators to work effectively in an IPv6 environment. Something is better than nothing and could be used as a talking point, but any networking experience or certifications would trump it.
  • Options
    I kind of got the same feeling...
  • Options
    If there aren't any IPV6 specific certifications, then could anyone tell me which certifications could effectively showcase ones advanced knowledge of IPV6?
  • Options
    benbuiltpcbenbuiltpc Member Posts: 80 ■■□□□□□□□□
    bugzy3188 wrote: »
    If there aren't any IPV6 specific certifications, then could anyone tell me which certifications could effectively showcase ones advanced knowledge of IPV6?

"By taking the CCNA, CCNP, CCIE Routing and Switching, CCDA, CCDP, or CCDE certification exams - certified by the IPv6 Education Certification Program - IT professionals will be able to demonstrate that they have attained IPv6 knowledge and skills at the associate, professional or expert level.

Cisco also offers additional training with the “IPv6 Fundamentals, Design and Deployment Course (IP6FD)”. This course has been Gold certified by IPv6 Forum. After successfully completing the course, candidates can include on their resumes that they have attended the IPv6 Forum Gold Certified course."

Source:

https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/docs/DOC-10327
  • Options
    +1 thanks for pointing that out to me...
  • Options
    kurosaki00kurosaki00 Member Posts: 973
    Depaul University offers a IPv6 certification program that can be taken online or presencial.
    It includes configuring MB BGP, IPv6 VPNs, rip next gen.
    It also includes a very technical thorough view of the packets in IPv6 and many IPv6 protocols.
    You can see the class brochure here IPv6

The class is also certified by the IPv6 forum as a "Silver Level".

If you decide to take the class, please have a strong foundation of Networking. This is not a beginner's class.
    meh
  • Options
    the_hutchthe_hutch Banned Posts: 827
    Seriously?

Level-1: How many bits are in an IPv6 address and how do you write them?
    Level-2: Have an IPv6-capable OS
    Level-3: Have an IPv6-capable Webserver
    Level-4: Have an IPv6-capable E-mail server

HE's certifications seem to be more about encouraging the public to use IPv6, than teaching network engineers or administrators to work effectively in an IPv6 environment. Something is better than nothing and could be used as a talking point, but any networking experience or certifications would trump it.

I should put "Hurricane Electric IPv6 Sage" on my resume icon_thumright.gif