Fresh ICND2 Pass here

certmistercertmister Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
It's been a long journey but today I passed my CCNA. ICND2 was a beast of an exam to tame but I wouldn't change a thing about how I got there. I didn't get it the first time but I kept chipping away at it and got there in the end.

Comments

• jsb515jsb515 Member Posts: 253
  • ChickenNuggetzChickenNuggetz Member Posts: 284
    Congrats!!! Any advice for future test takers?
    :study: Currently Reading: Red Hat Certified Systems Administrator and Engineer by Ashgar Ghori

Certifications: CCENT; CCNA: R&S; Security+

Next up: RHCSA
  • certmistercertmister Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks guys. I started my Cisco journey over 18 months ago so needless to say I used a lot of resources. Initially, I used Chris Bryant, Exam Cram, Odom and CBTNuggets as well as a real lab. I moved on to GNS3 on Linux with my real switches and used Safari Online. Safari is such a great service, not only do you get access to all the CCNA specific Books but also the CCIE Professional TCP/IP Books, Frame Relay Solutions guide (great book) and IPv6 books with current information. I took advantage of INE's free promotion but found it boring and hardly used it.

The easy way to subnet method described here at Techexams helped me come up with a proper plan to attack subnetting. Before I got efficient at subnetting all the time was being sucked away working out ranges etc. I also made my own Flashcards and this was hugely successful for me. I subnetted every day. Practice question wise, although I used the paid Boson version initially, I gave up on it as I wasn't getting results from it. I found Boson annoying and repetitive. Knowing how to configure and troubleshoot and having the theory covered was far more useful for me.

Switching, Routing and subnetting is all over ICND2, weak here and it's game over. Time management is a major factor also. What surprised me about the exam was how little configuration I actually had to do. Don't be afraid to sit the exam, it's good experience. If you fail, try and sit it again as soon as possible particularly if you were close. Don't give up on it, it took me numerous attempts to get it but I had too much money, time, etc invested to give up.
  • vinbuckvinbuck Member Posts: 785 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Way to go!! The CCNA overall has significantly increased in diffculty since I first took it in 2003 - it's a tough one to pass but the foundation you learn will serve you well. Again...well done icon_smile.gif What's next?
    Cisco was my first networking love, but my "other" router is a Mikrotik...
  • ltgenspecificltgenspecific Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congo Rats!! It's coming up for me in a couple of weeks, a test prep advice? Cheers and congrats again!
    @vinbuck
    LPIC-1 and/or Server+ are next. Probably VCP after that.

@ltgenspecific
    subnetting, time management. Not easy to be quick and correct at the same time. Also, use the exam tutorial at the beginning to unload your mind onto the plastic laminates.
  • ToddBToddB Member Posts: 149
    don't it make you feel lighter. Whats you next step!
    :thumbup:

Phil 4:6 "Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God."
    Sure does. Most likely LPIC-1 is next.
  • YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats, keep on passing those exams!