n00b

wrightjwrightj Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
salutations to all! i'm a noob to TE, but been in the field for quite some time (nearly 15 years). i work for the federal government (DoD) as a Deputy Operations Officer. i have a BS in Info Systems Mgmt and am matriculating through a Masters in Cybersecurity and a MBA. I'm Sec+, Net+, and ITIL v.3 Foundations certified and just got done taking the CISSP exam (1 June) ... I wish to NEVER take that exam again icon_wink.gif

this is my first post; hence the n00b title. hope to have a warm welcome and looking forward to the results of my exam. our batch of testers took the paper exam and from what i can tell from the other posts i've perused, 4-6 weeks is the general wait time... not fun! i also gather that the anxiety i'm feeling and the absence of confidence is a normal thing after having taken nearly the entire 6-hour timeframe. i didn't necessarily need all that time, but i chose to use the time to carefully choose my answers. i presume i could have finished earlier, but also presume i'd feel the same as i do now about the possibility of failing.

great to be here!

Ciao~
J

Comments

• nicklauscombsnicklauscombs Member Posts: 885
    welcome!
    WIP: IPS exam
  • IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    Welcome to the forums! Yes, the wait is definitely the worse part but it's going to be a relief once your get that passed email. Stay strong!
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • wrightjwrightj Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    thanks for the warm welcome! not looking forward to the wait, but i'll definitely be elated when i get that "passed" email. so, from what i can gather, (ISC)2 sends out a "survey" at some point, which gives an indication that the results should be coming soon. would you say the survey comes 2-3 weeks in followed by the results in an additional week? you'd think with as long as the CISSP exam has been around that the process for scanning, recording, and notifying would be better streamlined or quicker... perhaps there's a method to the madness or perhaps the streamlined process is the shift to computer-based exams.

everyone i've spoken to (some much more capable and some not quite as capable) has had the same worries and the same lack of confidence. i guess if i expected to pass with flying colors, there would be something to be worried about.

again, thanks for the welcome. definitely hanging in there...

so, anyone else in the federal government? i work for the Marine Corps in Japan.

Ciao~
    J
    late update, i know; neverthless, i passed the exam! it took me about a month to get motivated to finish my resume and find an endorser, but i did and it was submitted 2 weeks ago. wish me luck... how long does it normally take to see the endorsement accepted and the certificate issued (barring audit)?
  • ThistlebackThistleback Member Posts: 151
    Congrats on your pass! My endorsement was accepted and certification confirmed three weeks after submission of the endorsement (this summer) It takes a while after that for the actual certificate to arrive in the mail.
    Feel the fear, and do it anyway!
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Congrats on your pass! My endorsement was accepted and certification confirmed three weeks after submission of the endorsement (this summer) It takes a while after that for the actual certificate to arrive in the mail.

thanks! tomorrow (my time) will be the third week so i presume it should be anytime now... w00t!
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    Congrats!

thanks... it means alot!