Need Advice Please!

tleade01tleade01 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have had only one IT job as a technical solutions rep and was wondering if it is a good or a bad idea to add non related IT jobs to my resume? For instance should I add that I worked at Chili's or Kroger? Your response is much appreciated! :D

Comments

• jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I think it would be helpful because it'll show that you have customer service experience. There are people that work in IT that don't know how to talk to people.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • the_hutchthe_hutch Banned Posts: 827
    tleade01 wrote: »
    I have had only one IT job as a technical solutions rep and was wondering if it is a good or a bad idea to add non related IT jobs to my resume? For instance should I add that I worked at Chili's or Kroger? Your response is much appreciated! :D

What kind of work does a "technical solutions rep" do? And what kind of job are you trying to get.
  • tleade01tleade01 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am trying to get really anything at this point preferably a networking job.

Technical solutions rep is pretty much just help desk. Below is what i have in my resume and sums up what I do at Hewlett Packard.

A technical service desk that supports, troubleshoots, diagnoses, and assists over 300,000 users for Compuware’s Covisint website. Duties include: setting up users with accounts for the Covisint website to obtain finance, engineering, quality, purchasing, shipping, receiving, and invoicing documents for Ford, GM, Chrysler, Delphi, Daimler, Johnson Controls, Lear, Land Rover and Jaguar.