Options

Boson Net Sim for CCNP any good?

Danielh22185Danielh22185 Member Posts: 1,195 ■■■■□□□□□□
I tried doing a search but wasn't able to find anything too concrete. As I prepare to jump into my CCNP studies head on I am trying to really organize what I will be using for study material. Has anybody ever used this for CCNP?
CCNP Network Simulator & Router Simulator | NetSim 8.0

I used the for CCNA edition of this simulator and thought it was very helpful. Granted nothing can beat a real device when configuring. The reason I liked this simulator was it explained the content along with the simulations.

Thoughts?
Currently Studying: IE Stuff...kinda...for now...
My ultimate career goal: To climb to the top of the computer network industry food chain.
"Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else." - Vince Lombardi

Comments

• Options
    SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    I thought the Boson NetSim was pretty good for CCNP.
    The practice exams were great. Especially the one for CCNP TSHOOT.
    I would get the practice exams over the simulators, but both are good.
  • Options
    vinbuckvinbuck Member Posts: 785 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Agreed.....GNS3 and Real Gear for labs and EX-SIM MAX for practice questions. Wouldn't bother with the simulator.
    Cisco was my first networking love, but my "other" router is a Mikrotik...
  • Options
    SharkDiverSharkDiver Member Posts: 844
    Vinbuck,

Is that a Charlie Daniels reference? LOL
  • Options
    Danielh22185Danielh22185 Member Posts: 1,195 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I love the simulator for the exam questions, I just have not ever heard of many people using the lab simulator much.
    Currently Studying: IE Stuff...kinda...for now...
    My ultimate career goal: To climb to the top of the computer network industry food chain.
    "Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else." - Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    vinbuckvinbuck Member Posts: 785 ■■■■□□□□□□
    SharkDiver wrote: »
    Vinbuck,

Is that a Charlie Daniels reference? LOL

It sure as hell is...it's my favorite song to sing at karaoke..in Jackson, Mississippi of course icon_smile.gif

You're the first person to catch that...kudos!
    Cisco was my first networking love, but my "other" router is a Mikrotik...
  • Options
    SomnipotentSomnipotent Member Posts: 384
    I used strictly GNS3 + the ROUTE Lab Manual for the ROUTE exam. Hardware for SWITCH. Not a fan of sims, even Packet Tracer.
    Reading: Internetworking with TCP/IP: Principles, Protocols, and Architecture (D. Comer)