Options

Exam Cram: 500 Practice Questions

s0c0s0c0 Member Posts: 76 ■■□□□□□□□□
I was at Barnes & Nobles on a lunch break trying to decide if I wanted to purchase any of the CCNA books to cement my knowledge over the weekend before taking the test on Tuesday. While I didn't have money to spend on most of the books. I did notice an Exam Cram book that included 500 practice questions. I was considering buying this, but I decided to check her first.

Hs anyone used this book? Is it worth buying. I believe it cost between $20 and $30.

Comments

• Options
    2lazybutsmart2lazybutsmart Member Posts: 1,119
    Do you have any practice exams?
    Exquisite as a lily, illustrious as a full moon,
    Magnanimous as the ocean, persistent as time.
  • Options
    Well I have the chapter questions in the CCNA Sybex 4th Edition book along with the CD containing a 50 question practice test. I also have a dated 2003 50 question practice exam. I've found a few practice exams online too. Nothing close to 500 questions though.
  • Options
    Peronally, I've never used Exam Cram and I can't comment on it's integrity or otherwise; but if you can afford a Trancender exam, you should get it. They have ones for download which are cheaper than those on CD.

But the 20-30$ price is very attractive --that i'll have to agree ;)

2lbs.

p.s. is it true that cheap things are always cheap??
  • Options
    The price of Transcender products is absurd especially with the ease at which it is to create a practice exam program. Any 1st semester programmer with Visual Basic experience could create one using If...Then. Infact I've even been thinking about creating my own practice exam in VB (if I passed the test).
  • Options
    I don't think it's the GUI that makes a practice exam good but rather the quality of the questions. People who write questions for big prep exam companies are proffesionals in their own capacity. Everybody just can't go and write really good questions. It's just not that easy..and believe me, writing very good questions for potentional exam takers is no cakewalk.

Good Luck
    2lbs.
  • Options
    mikeyoungmikeyoung Member Posts: 101
    I think the Exam Cram questions are too easy and do not thourghoughly cover the material.

Mike
    Lack of will power has caused more failure than lack of intelligence or ability.
  • Options
    I will probably just go hang out in there for a few hours and go over the questions without ever buying anything icon_lol.gif