Options

just passed net+ whew finally !!!

gdeusthewhizkidgdeusthewhizkid Member Posts: 289
second time in and i finally passed. thanks guys for all the help on this site.. deciding on what next to take. icon_cheers.gificon_lol.gif
WGU Progress: Progress | Completed | Start Date: 9/1/2012 B.S. Network Management & Design
Courses Transferred in: BBC1 LAE1 QBT1 IWC1 IWT1 DHV1 CSV1 CWV1 CRV1 DEV1 - 28 cu :roll:
Down: AXV1 CPV1 WFV1 CLC1

Technical Diploma from Lincoln Tech.

Comments

• Options
    paulgswansonpaulgswanson Member Posts: 311
    Congrats!
    http://paulswansonblog.wordpress.com/
    WGU Progress: B.S. Network Management & Design <- I quit (got bored)
  • Options
    Danielh22185Danielh22185 Member Posts: 1,195 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats. That knowledge from Net+ should help carry over concepts into CCENT and help you building your networking experience further.
    Currently Studying: IE Stuff...kinda...for now...
    My ultimate career goal: To climb to the top of the computer network industry food chain.
    "Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else." - Vince Lombardi
  • Options
    4_lom4_lom Member Posts: 485
    Good job. icon_thumright.gif Now go put it to use and NETWORK! icon_lol.gif
    Goals for 2018: MCSA: Cloud Platform, AWS Solutions Architect, MCSA : Server 2016, MCSE: Messaging

• Options
    DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    Congratulations - both on not giving up and on the successful pass.

If you're doing an IT Security degree with WGU, Security+ is an excellent next step. With your Network+knowledge still fresh, you are very close to the Security+. You could probably take and pass this exam within a month to 45 days.

Good luck with whatever you choose to do next.
  • Options
    NytrocideNytrocide Member Posts: 225
    Congrats! I actually posted in your first thread wondering the results before seeing this! icon_lol.gif
    Goals for 2014: CCNA: Voice / CCNA: Security
  • Options
    quinnyflyquinnyfly Member Posts: 243 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Well done, glad you perservered <is that how you spell it??> Congrats and I believe your now better off for passing other certs. :)
    The Wings of Technology
  • Options
    Darril wrote: »
    Congratulations - both on not giving up and on the successful pass.

If you're doing an IT Security degree with WGU, Security+ is an excellent next step. With your Network+knowledge still fresh, you are very close to the Security+. You could probably take and pass this exam within a month to 45 days.

Good luck with whatever you choose to do next.
    I was debating on that.. Im not sure yet...
    WGU Progress: Progress | Completed | Start Date: 9/1/2012 B.S. Network Management & Design
    Courses Transferred in: BBC1 LAE1 QBT1 IWC1 IWT1 DHV1 CSV1 CWV1 CRV1 DEV1 - 28 cu :roll:

• Options
    smoothdude11smoothdude11 Registered Users Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Are you going to WGU? I am currently there doing the Security+. I decided to go back and get the BS degree because I ultimately wanted to get my Masters. Congratulations with Net+.
  • Options
    Are you going to WGU? I am currently there doing the Security+. I decided to go back and get the BS degree because I ultimately wanted to get my Masters. Congratulations with Net+.

thanks i haven't started yet. still waiting on some transcripts to arrive there...

• Options
    gadav478gadav478 Member Posts: 374 ■■■□□□□□□□
    what do you recommend as far as things to study primarily for?
    Goals for 2015: CCNP
  • Options
    what do you recommend as far as things to study primarily for?

I read the CCent book. and it's less thick but covers alot of the same material. It's heavy wireless specs and routing protocols. i used networkdriven