Options

CCENT CLI commands

Cubuntu28Cubuntu28 Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
I just finished reading chapter 4 in Todd Lammle's book which covers IOS User Interface, and I was wondering if anyone had a study sheet that has all of the CLI commands that are covered on the CCENT exam, or more specifically chapter 4 (Lammle). At the very worst I can make my own, but I was hoping to save some time.

Comments

• Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    In the long-run, you'll benefit from using that time to make your own list. It'll make the commands stick in your mind better, especially if you're labbing them out as you go.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    oli356oli356 Member Posts: 364
    I agree with Slowhand. If you can get a lab (physically or virtual) and configure equipment you will learn the commands much better. You might have to configure something in the exam, remember using ? Helps so much!

I didn't have to configure anything but I needed to know my show commands! RIP commands, static route commands, IP configuring commands, cdp commands, enable commands, line config commands etc etc. I don't think I could have passed by just reading about them.
    Lab:
    Combination of GNS3 and Cisco equipment if required.
  • Options
    lorddalronlorddalron Registered Users Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Im at the stage now where i just need to brush up on my Cli to feel pretty confident going into the ICND1. The best way for sure is packet tracer activities...Over and over again!!!!
  • Options
    luberguilarteluberguilarte Member Posts: 112
    the best way to learn the commands for the CLI is doing as much labs as you can , after you will realize that you won't need to write or read any commands . At least that's how I learned it.
  • Options
    REMOVED UNNECESSARY QUOTED REPLY FROM PREVIOUS POST

Thanks, that is what I am doing now.... Actually, even when I was reading the chapter I was doing the commands myself. I wanted to get something so I could see all of the commands in front of me so I could gauge how well I knew them, but I am ended up putting something together myself, which ended up turning into hours of outlining, but now I know it that much better :)
  • Options
    Ltat42aLtat42a Member Posts: 587 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have two spreadsheets, 1 for CCENT, 1 for ICND2 that has a lot of commands if you're interested. It shows what mode, the command, and the description.
  • Options
    REMOVED UNNECESSARY QUOTED REPLY FROM PREVIOUS POST

Yes, I am interested.
    Thank you,
  • Options
    YFZbluYFZblu Member Posts: 1,462 ■■■■■■■■□□
    @Ltat42a

If you're sharing, I'd really appreciate a copy as well.
  • Options
    luberguilarteluberguilarte Member Posts: 112
    That's great , if you spend hours without feeling it ( and your girl complaining about it ) that mean you are doing really good , that' how it started and still is with me, GOD will give you the knowledge if you put yourself into it .
    Bless
  • Options
    techexamschristechexamschris Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello,
    My instructor said that this book, Amazon.com: CCNA Portable Command Guide (2nd Edition) (9781587201936): Scott Empson: Books had all the commands needed to pass the CCNA exam. Our whole class bought this book.