Passed 70-680!

2»

Comments

• gadav478gadav478 Member Posts: 374 ■■■□□□□□□□
    4_lom wrote: »
    No, I've had no experience with them. And neither should you. Using brain **** is wrong. Not only does it devalue your certification, but it also devalue's MINE. So STOP using them.

You'd be suprised at how many people suggested that I use them as well. I think it just really retarded to spend money on one of these sites when you can just simply go to the library or ebay and pick up a book, read the thing, study, pass, and certify yourself legitimately for sometimes a 1/3 of the price.

You use a braindump and then end up at the interview sounding/looking stupid.
    Goals for 2015: CCNP
  • whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Congratz on the pass and thanks for posting all the info!
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • noisemonkeynoisemonkey Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats, how long did you study for the exam?
  • 4_lom4_lom Member Posts: 485
    Congrats, how long did you study for the exam?

I studied for on and off for around 5-6 months. Honestly though, if I would have really focused, I could have done this in probably 1 month. I didn't really think the exam was very difficult. Not nearly what people on this forum (and other forums) make it out to be. Just know the concepts presented by Microsoft and go take the test. All there is to it.
    Goals for 2018: MCSA: Cloud Platform, AWS Solutions Architect, MCSA : Server 2016, MCSE: Messaging

• franco67franco67 Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congrats. thinking of taking this test on the scale of 1 to 10 how hard is this test. did you get alot of question about imaging AIK. any question scenario can you share on the forum ?
  • 4_lom4_lom Member Posts: 485
    franco67 wrote: »
    congrats. thinking of taking this test on the scale of 1 to 10 how hard is this test. did you get alot of question about imaging AIK. any question scenario can you share on the forum ?

The best thing I could suggest to you is to go to the MS website and look at the objectives for the exam. YOU are the only one that can determine how hard the test will be (and you won't know until you go take it). So the best thing to do is to prepare for the worst. Know the ins and outs of everything listed in the objectives.

In my opinion, the exam was not difficult. But MANY others would disagree with me. Just have a quick Google search of "70-680 difficulty" and it is nothing but pages of people complaining that the test is hard. You need to put in a lot of lab time to pass this exam. What study materials have you been using?
    Goals for 2018: MCSA: Cloud Platform, AWS Solutions Architect, MCSA : Server 2016, MCSE: Messaging

• tprice5tprice5 Member Posts: 770
    4_lom wrote: »
    I scored an 840 And to be completely honest, it was nothing like I was expecting or what people make it out to be. Nowhere near THAT difficult. I am surprised so many people fail this exam.

I didn't take the xp or vista exams but from what I understand they were a cake walk. This, coupled with the fact that most people use Win7 and feel comfortable with it, makes people believe they are more prepared for the exam than they actually are. It was likely not that difficult for you as we on the forum warned you that this exam was pretty tough and you prepared for it accordingly. I did not think this exam was difficult my second time around either as I was much better prepared.

It's all a matter of expectations and preparation.
    Certification To-Do: CEH [ ], CHFI [ ], NCSA [ ], E10-001 [ ], 70-413 [ ], 70-414 [ ]
    WGU MSISA
    Start Date: 10/01/2014 | Complete Date: ASAP
    All Courses: LOT2, LYT2 , UVC2, ORA1, VUT2, VLT2 , FNV2 , TFT2 , JIT2 , FMV2, FXT2 , LQT2