Options

Passed ICND1 with 887, my experience

sratakhinsratakhin Member Posts: 818
I just passed the exam yesterday. My score is 887 but I was kind of disappointed because the test wasn't difficult at all.
I got 100% on IP addressing schemes (for some reason, subnetting was the easiest topic for me) and security, 90% on implementation of a small switched network and 80% on both routed networks and operation of data networks. There was a really weird question about wireless (as if it's taken from a 5 year old test) but I guess I failed it because I got 0% in this category :)

The exam started with several simulations which made me a little nervous. I didn't have to configure anything but there were a few troubleshooting scenarios, in which certain commands were disabled to make it more difficult. The multiple choice questions seemed on the same level of difficulty as Network+ test though.

I only spent about two weeks to prepare for the exam. I read several chapters from Lammle's CCNA and CCENT books, watched a few YouTube videos and did some labs. However, I still remember a lot of material from Network+ test as I spent almost half a year preparing for it.

I initially wanted to take the exam in the end of June but bought an early expiring voucher and figured that even if I fail, it wouldn't be a big deal. Had to drive two and a half hours to a testing center though because I couldn't schedule an appointment for the last day in my area icon_twisted.gif

The next target is ICND2, which I expect to take within a month.

Comments

• Options
    oli356oli356 Member Posts: 364
    Well if you had a weird wireless question and no configuring simulations we did the same test! I got 0% on wireless as well haha, got 100% in 2 of the other topics, one of them being addressing. I did find this subnetting very easy as well.

Congratulations :D good luck with your studies for the CCNA!
    Lab:
    Combination of GNS3 and Cisco equipment if required.
  • Options
    jhntbrightjhntbright Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□