anything study wise I can do till tuesday?

kremitkremit Member Posts: 85 ■■□□□□□□□□
I've been trying to pass the time till tuesday, before I take my N+ test, by continuing on with reading my ICND2 book. But what do you guys think? I've watched every professor messer video on the 004, I've read the lammle book once straight through then followed through the book by objectives. I read the exam cram book before the lammle book. Just kind of stuck on what to do.

I don't have any real gaps in memory that im aware of. Maybe wiring specs is what I need to go over. But subnetting and OSI were mastered before the ICND1 test I took. I have all major ports mastered. What do you guys think icon_confused.gif:
Pending:
640-816; ITIL 2011
2013:
Sharepoint, ITIL, CCNA

Comments

• gadav478gadav478 Member Posts: 374 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck today. Knock it out the park, I'll be following suit this Friday!
    Goals for 2015: CCNP
  • kremitkremit Member Posts: 85 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks! I did pass today and good luck to you as well. One thing that baffled me were the first 15 out of 100 questions. It asked question using terms I NEVER read in any reading material nor did messer cover it. I thought for sure I was going to fail, but surprised I passed.

One thing that was interesting was the vast differences between the CCENT and Network+
    Pending:
    640-816; ITIL 2011
    2013:
    Sharepoint, ITIL, CCNA
  • DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    Congrats on the pass.

I'm assuming you took the N10-004. One thing that CompTIA often does is seed the previous version test with beta questions for the next exam. In other words, the first 15 questions you saw may have been beta questions for topics in the N10-005.

Good luck on your next adventure.
  • Kopite_21Kopite_21 Member Posts: 194 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on passing :D
  • NytrocideNytrocide Member Posts: 225
    Congrats on the pass! :)
    Goals for 2014: CCNA: Voice / CCNA: Security
  • gadav478gadav478 Member Posts: 374 ■■■□□□□□□□
    kremit wrote: »
    Thanks! I did pass today and good luck to you as well. One thing that baffled me were the first 15 out of 100 questions. It asked question using terms I NEVER read in any reading material nor did messer cover it. I thought for sure I was going to fail, but surprised I passed.

One thing that was interesting was the vast differences between the CCENT and Network+

Good one! Congrats!
    Goals for 2015: CCNP
  • kremitkremit Member Posts: 85 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Darril wrote: »
    Congrats on the pass.

I'm assuming you took the N10-004. One thing that CompTIA often does is seed the previous version test with beta questions for the next exam. In other words, the first 15 questions you saw may have been beta questions for topics in the N10-005.

Good luck on your next adventure.

Those tricky bastards. But I guess session affinity is related to load balancing, but I don't remember ever covering that term in the load balancing sections. Thanks guys for all the congrats.
    Pending:
    640-816; ITIL 2011
    2013:
    Sharepoint, ITIL, CCNA
  • DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    You are correct that session affinity is related to load balancing. It ensures that a user is redirected to the same server in the load balancing cluster. The concept is commonly used in web farms with multiple web servers but can be used in other load balancing clusters.

I just compared the N10-004 objectives with the N10-005 objectives and "Load balancer" is included in both so I guess it is a fair question for both.

That said, I'm betting other potential test takers appreciate your post and will be looking up "session affinity" before taking their test. It's also given me an idea for a short blog article.
  • xocityxocity Member Posts: 230