Options

Free 70% discount voucher for VMware exam

ChooseLifeChooseLife Member Posts: 941 ■■■■■■■□□□
It's time to give back to the wonderful TE community...

I discovered a discount voucher from the VMware course I've taken at UCSC almost a year.

The voucher gives 70% discount off the cost of the VMware VCP exam. It expires on June 23, 2012 - I don't know whether that's the deadline for using the voucher or exam date.

I am willing to give it away for free to any active member of TE who is planning to take a VCP exam. PM me if you want it. No newly registered members, please.
“You don’t become great by trying to be great. You become great by wanting to do something, and then doing it so hard that you become great in the process.” (c) xkcd #896

GetCertified4Less
- discounted vouchers for certs

Comments

• Options
    swildswild Member Posts: 828
    I wish I was prepared for that exam. Hopefully someone else can use it by then.
  • Options
    Concerned WaterConcerned Water Member Posts: 338 ■■■■□□□□□□
    REMOVED UNNECESSARY QUOTED REPLY FROM PREVIOUS POST

Same here, VMware is awesome.
    :study:Reading: CCNP Route FLG, Routing TCP/IP Vol. 1
    SWITCH [x] ROUTE [ ] TSHOOT [ ] VCP6-NV [ ]
  • Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    This is noble idea, hopefully whoever gets it will make the best use of it.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    dave330idave330i Member Posts: 2,091 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Can't you use it for VCP5?
    2018 Certification Goals: Maybe VMware Sales Cert
    "Simplify, then add lightness" -Colin Chapman
  • Options
    dave330i wrote: »
    Can't you use it for VCP5?
    The voucher can be used for VCP5 exam, I checked with VMware.

If you mean using it for myself, I had the intention to upgrade VCP4 to VCP5 originally, but since then dropped this plan for the following reasons:
    a) got "VMware burn-out" while preparing for VCP4
    b) not a big fan of chasing cert upgrades
    c) haven't been dealing with virtualization much lately, spending 99% of time between Linux administration and Infosec work these days
    ChooseLife wrote: »
    It expires on June 23, 2012 - I don't know whether that's the deadline for using the voucher or exam date.
    So I verified this is the deadline for the actual exam.

Anyone feels like attempting this exam within the next 9 days for $67 instead of $225? ;)
    “You don’t become great by trying to be great. You become great by wanting to do something, and then doing it so hard that you become great in the process.” (c) xkcd #896

GetCertified4Less
  • Options
    swildswild Member Posts: 828
    That's worth it just to see what is on the exam. Unfortunately, I will be testing for CCNA: Sec on the 22nd and proctoring a CISSP/ISC2 exam on the 23rd.
  • Options
    dave330idave330i Member Posts: 2,091 ■■■■■■■■■■
    ChooseLife wrote: »
    So I verified this is the deadline for the actual exam.

Anyone feels like attempting this exam within the next 9 days for $67 instead of $225? ;)

Could it be applied to VCP5-DT? If so I'd be willing.
    2018 Certification Goals: Maybe VMware Sales Cert
    "Simplify, then add lightness" -Colin Chapman
  • Options
    AkaricloudAkaricloud Member Posts: 938
    Ah, if it was about a month out I would be all over it. I'm registered to take a VMware class starting on the 25th.
  • Options
    I have been tempted, can I please have the voucher. If I pass I'll put the voucher I'd get from UCSC on here at the end of my course.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

• Options
    dave330i wrote: »
    Could it be applied to VCP5-DT? If so I'd be willing.
    Checked, this voucher does not apply to VCP5-DT
    Essendon wrote: »
    I have been tempted, can I please have the voucher. If I pass I'll put the voucher I'd get from UCSC on here at the end of my course.
    PM'd you the voucher. Good luck!
    swild wrote: »
    That's worth it just to see what is on the exam.
    Yeah, totally.
    Good luck with your CCNA:Sec exam

GetCertified4Less
  • Options
    pachockpachock Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    If you have not used the voucher yet, I'd take it. I am taking a vcp class right now, scheduled to finish by end of the month but I want to take the exam by next week. I'd be happy to give you my voucher when I get it in the July.
  • Options
    Sorry pachock, the voucher has been applied for my attempt. Are you taking the class at UCSC too?
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

• Options
    Btw, I received several emails from VMware about the following promotion:
    Between July 2 and September 28, 2012, the courses listed below, when delivered by VMware, will include a FREE VCP5 Exam Voucher.

Follow these steps:
    ° Choose the VMware-delivered, VCP5-qualifying course that's right for your. Note: Course must be delivered by VMware between July 2 and September 28, 2012 to qualify.
    ° Upon completion of the course, you will receive an email from VMware Certification with your FREE VCP5 Exam Voucher Code.
    ° Register for and take the VCP5 exam using your VCP5 voucher code before March 1, 2013.

Course Options:
    ° VMware vSphere: What's New [v5.0]
    ° VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [v5.0]
    ° VMware vSphere: Fast Track [v5.0]
    ° VMware vSphere: Optimize & Scale [v5.0]

GetCertified4Less
  • Options
    pachockpachock Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    No, I am taking it at cccti
This discussion has been closed.