70-685 CBT Nuggets ?

Go4HikeGo4Hike Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello,

I'm just starting to study for the 70-685 exam. I have the Microsoft Press Self-Paced training kit book, and am using MOAC Online labs for my primary lab environment. It's likely I will also buy the Sybex/Darril Gibson book. My primary question is regarding the CBT Nuggets for the 70-685. I have not used CBT Nuggets before, and don't know what to expect should I decide to make that (substantial) investment. The website has a 2 minute preview of each module, but every single module I reviewed was strictly 'lecture' with hand written notes on a whiteboard. Is this a misrepresentation of the product, should I expect full on screen detailed demo's of the subject being covered? If these are primarily lecture, I'm not sure that is the right investment for me, as it doesn't fit my learning style. Also wondering if the training is strictly on-line of if there is physical media, so for example I can train from my laptop where I don't have internet access. I have sent an inquiry to CBT Nuggets from their site, but it's been over a week and they've not yet responded, so am seeking advice from those who may have tried this software for this exam. If there is other CBT training out there for the 70-685 that is equally or more effective, I'd like to hear about that as well. Thanks for any feedback !

Comments

• earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    The previews are a pretty good representation of what you'll get. They have lecture and also demos featuring the screen as they are doing stuff they are teaching. I have only used CBT nuggets for the CCNA but thought they were very good. I did use Testout/ Labsim for my MS (Server 200icon_cool.gif exams and thought they were excellent. I didn't really care for Train Signal but a lot of people on here swear by them but that's just personal preference.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Go4HikeGo4Hike Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Unfortunately it appears neither Trainsignal nor TestOut have material specific to the 70-685, CBT Nuggets really seems to be the only player out there, either that or I haven't searched enough.
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Learnkey also has video training for this and you can probably find quite a bit of info on youtube videos (I did a lot of this while studying for my server 2008 exams).
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • Go4HikeGo4Hike Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks Earweed, I'll review both suggestions.