801 & 802?

sizeonsizeon Member Posts: 321
Are those the new A+ exam? Also, is 701 & 702 going to expire?

Comments

• SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    CompTIA's A+ page is going to be your best bet for those answers. Whenever they change up their exams, announce retirement dates, and roll out any other changes, you can find it there.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • mjnk77mjnk77 Member Posts: 164 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The 801 & 802 exams will replace the 701 & 702, but that won't happen until September or so. I would suggest checking the CompTia website every so often for updates. They'll be the ones who says when the change will occur. Until then, the 701 & 702 exams are for A+.
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Since the website doesn't mention the change you can expect the 701 and 702 to retire a few months after they start offering the 801 and 802. That's the way they normally do it and I haven't seen 801 and 802 even being in beta yet.

As for the 701 and 702 expiring all CompTIA tests now are only good for 3 years unless you took them before that policy started.
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • sizeonsizeon Member Posts: 321
    I have to say that the 220-801 and 220-802 syllabus is looking quite useful.
  • DarrilDarril Member Posts: 1,588
    CompTIA is expected to announce details on the 801 and 802 exams this Friday. You can probably find something there by the end of the day on Friday. This announcement will likely include details on when the 801 and 802 exams will be available (probably September or October as mjnk77 mentioned). They may, or may not, announce the retirement date for 701 and 702 on Friday though.
    No formal details released from CompTIA yet, but here's some information I learned.

Another confirmation that 801 and 802 exams are due to be released in late September or early October.

The 701 and 702 exams will be retired August 31, 2013. (Don't stop studying if you're using the 701/702 materials. You have plenty of time to complete your A+ certification with these exams.)

The new exams will include performance based questions similar to how their advanced security exam (CASP) had performance based questions. I recently posted a blog entry about these changes.
  • hydrologyhydrology Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks your super helpful information. I had been struggling with not-or-go about 220-701 for a long time until I see this.
  • someasiandudesomeasiandude Member Posts: 85 ■■□□□□□□□□
    So what if u passrd 701 then 802 comes out? Do i have to take 802?
    A.S. - Computer Networking Student (Spring 2014)

CompTIA A+ (passed 10/2012) ----> CompTIA Net+ ----> CCENT :study: ---> CCNA ---> ???
    I don't think you can mix and match. If you passed the 701, then take the 702. You'll have until Aug 31 2013 to do so.

If you wait until October and then take the 801, you'll then need to take the 802.