Options

How old is everyone?

cheebliecheeblie Member Posts: 288
I'm curious as to how old each of you are and what kind of educational background each of you have. Personally, I am 19 and only have a high school degree with very little college experience. I have absolutely no work experience, and I am teaching myself all of the skills required to pass these certifications. In the near future I plan on acquiring MCSE with an emphasis on security and possibly CCNA & CCNP. My main interest is in IT security, and in the future I plan to go for CISSP or related higher level security certification. If you read this post please tell a little about your background and future goals, because I would be interested in knowing some of the people that visit this board.

Thanks,
Cheeblie

Comments

• Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I could tell you - but then everybody would know icon_wink.gif
    Lets just say that I am old ... as far as schooling and stuff I bailed from school to race motorcross after sitting the Cal State High School Proficiency exam. Started playing around with computers back in the 3.1 days, but never really bothered to learn anything until recently.
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Options
    2lazybutsmart2lazybutsmart Member Posts: 1,119
    RussS wrote:
    I could tell you - but then everybody would know icon_wink.gif
    Lets just say that I am old ... as far as schooling and stuff I bailed from school to race motorcross after sitting the Cal State High School Proficiency exam. Started playing around with computers back in the 3.1 days, but never really bothered to learn anything until recently.

so you probably sat for the Cal State High School Proficiency exam back in the 3.1 days or a little before that. probably a little after. I'd say you're around your 30's.;)
    Exquisite as a lily, illustrious as a full moon,
    Magnanimous as the ocean, persistent as time.
  • Options
    Damn - I wish I was ...... nah, 40's here unfortunately
    www.supercross.com
  • Options
    ghaoufghaouf Inactive Imported Users Posts: 317
    i am going to be 17 this month
  • Options
    theBardtheBard Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Later in the year I will be 22... with 10 years experience
    The man that hath no music in himself, Nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds,
    Is fit for treasons, stratagems and spoils, The motions of his spirit are dull as night,
    And his affections dark as Erebus: Let no such man be trusted--
    Shakespeare
  • Options
    FR29FR29 Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    33. Someday's I feel alot older than that. icon_cry.gif
    She don't come, and I don't follow.
  • Options
    ZumpelZumpel Member Posts: 53 ■□□□□□□□□□
    At least I'm not the only old fart here :D .... I'll be 31 in a couple of days. Been mucking about with computers for some time now, so I figured I'd best start getting some certs. (..cause the redundancy train stops for no one , I tell ya icon_confused.gif )
  • Options
    DrakonblaydeDrakonblayde Member Posts: 542
    I'm a couple months shy of 27. Unfortunetly, I made a few bad decisions after high school and have more or less wasted the last 8 years of my life, but finally getting things in order. :)
    = Marcus Drakonblayde
    ================
    CCNP-O-Meter:
    =[0%]==[25%]==[50%]==[75%]==[100%]
    ==[X]===[X]====[ ]=====[ ]====[ ]==
    =CCNA==BSCI==BCMSN==BCRAN==CIT=
  • Options
    henrock2henrock2 Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I am a 100, ok maybe not, im 23 well soon to be in august.I feel old.
    I am going for broke, and i love every minute of it.
  • Options
    LochenLochen Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    17 be 18 on aug 6th
  • Options
    Impact4everImpact4ever Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just turned 28, 2 weeks ago, And I'm trying to move around in Linux like I do with windows icon_confused.gif I'm improving a little bit.
    A tribe2 player who needs a better job!
  • Options
    KasorKasor Member Posts: 933 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I consider myself one level above the young and risk taker....

Still the young generation, but in certain way, I am OLD....!!! icon_rolleyes.gif
    Kill All Suffer T "o" ReBorn
  • Options
    snaginwysnaginwy Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just call me Grandma!
    Unless there's someone here over 48, I guess I'm the oldest kid on the block.
  • Options
    heh heh heh - Welcome grannie :P

I told my daughter that if I'm a grand anything (other than a grand pain in the butt) before I am 50 she is dead icon_wink.gif
    www.supercross.com
  • Options
    tokhsstokhss Member Posts: 473
    im 22.. recent college grad (CIS major).. now studying for my certs, duh... job market is tuff.. started playing with computers in 12th grade..

BS and Certs are what employers look for these days.. atleast in my area. LA. sucks for college grads..
  • Options
    LA sucks for any who loves clean air too .... lol
    www.supercross.com
  • Options
    bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    i'm 36. i left school 19 years ago with a handful of o'levels.

russ, i hear there is a cool roadracing scene in new zealand. some of those guys have done very well in the isle of man tourist trophy races.
    A+ Moderator
  • Options
    Hey Bellboy

Sure is, but unfortunately I can not count myself there. The brother won a couple NZ titles and was a top runner for many years, but I knid of do better off road. I've raced a few decent machines, but my enthusiasm for road rash is not that great ... lol

The Cemetry Circuit in Wanganui is where guys like Graeme Crosby, Stu Avant and others learned their road circuit trade - very good for IOM or the fast Irish road courses.
    www.supercross.com
  • Options
    mxslmsmxslms Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hey
    i am 25. i studied psychology in college, but i dont like to work with people much so i choose to work with machines. i am probably going to try graduate school for computer science, but for now i am going for some certs to help my career/knowledge. right now i am studying for the ccna.....my test is this thursday
  • Options
    CrzyOne01CrzyOne01 Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just turned 20 last month, and spent a semester at college and also about 1 semester in the Army(long story on why I can technically not of even been there :) . Just started with the certs this past few montsh because I knew I needed to get off my lazy-A** and start doing somehting....despite only being 20 been messign with comps since the 3.x days.
  • Options
    PaisleyskyePaisleyskye Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm 34....but don't tell anybody....
    Peace Out!
    Paisleyskye

Icertify.net
  • Options
    ghaoufghaouf Inactive Imported Users Posts: 317
    looks like i am the youngest icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    snaginwysnaginwy Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    That's okay ghaouf, You probably know more than I do about computers. icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    rvongrvong Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am 19 years old. Since I certified in A+, I am planning to cerify in Network+, MCSE.
  • Options
    fredd13fredd13 Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm 25

Currently revising for the 070-215 exam...
    I think it is an absolute pain...

Freddie
    Gained Foundation Degree in Computer Network Management
  • Options
    bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    welcome to techexams
    A+ Moderator
  • Options
    jpinoniemijpinoniemi Member Posts: 9 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    tiggertigger Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Lets See, I retired from the U.S Navy in Nov, so I am atleast 20 icon_lol.gif

But I think i'm 37 going on 21.

Its funny, I took the GED to get out of school, and low and behold, look at me now, studying for certs and starting college next month.

Talk about a full circle.
  • Options
    standupdoublestandupdouble Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I've been lurking here for a couple weeks, I'm not an IT person so most of what I read goes over my head but this is a topic where I'm ahead of everyone. I'm 50!
    Working on my Network+ certification. I work on medical imaging equipment. All modern medical equipment archives to servers using the DICOM standard (port 104). I hope a bit of network knowledge will make my job easier.
  • Options
    Welcome standupdouble - you aren't that far ahead of me icon_wink.gif
    www.supercross.com