Options

CCNA 2 Acadamy

mattshadboltmattshadbolt Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi there guys.

I sat the ccna2 acadamy exam last week and couldn't believe the content. out of the 49 questions I was amazed to find about 7-10 questions just on config register settings! WTF!

These register settings are next to usless. The only reason for knowing them is to recover the router password. I got the majority of the ACL, NETWORK and other meaningful questions correct but missed all of the register settings questions as there was only a small paragraph in the curriculum.

Why cant CISCO ask questions relevent to real world circumstances and not pad them with things that really dont have anything to do with the understanding of networking?

Any thoughts?

- Matt

Comments

• Options
    EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Hi there guys.

I sat the ccna2 acadamy exam last week and couldn't believe the content. out of the 49 questions I was amazed to find about 7-10 questions just on config register settings! WTF!

These register settings are next to usless. The only reason for knowing them is to recover the router password. I got the majority of the ACL, NETWORK and other meaningful questions correct but missed all of the register settings questions as there was only a small paragraph in the curriculum.

Why cant CISCO ask questions relevent to real world circumstances and not pad them with things that really dont have anything to do with the understanding of networking?

Any thoughts?

- Matt

I disagree,these tests are designed to test your knowledge on networking and of cisco equipment.Cisco's emphasis is on their equipment and their
    view and terminology of networking, therefore by passing the test you are telling an employer you are competent on cisco equipment.
    Your primary objective should be to learn the material and second to pass the exam.
    Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$