Options

Good prices on CPUs?

NoodsNoods Member Posts: 168
CPU just went up, Im using a backup right now. Anyone know of any sites who have good prices on Athlon XP CPUs?

Comments

• Options
    johnnynodoughjohnnynodough Member Posts: 634
    check out Zipzoomfly.com and outpost.com as well. Zipzoomfly is my favorite. All three have certain things cheaper than others. Zipzoomfly is the place for ram. Newegg has the cheapest video cards. Check the specials on all three sites, although I doubt you will find any specials for the XP's, just the AThalon 64's.
    Go Hawks - 7 and 2

2 games againts San Fran coming up, oh yeah baby, why even play? just put then in the win category and call it good :p
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    I vote for NewEgg or Zip.

Watch the shipping costs. Sometimes one site will show an item for $182 while the other show it for $186.

Shipping for the first one being $6 and the second site $1.

Both are very, very good sites.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    qsubqsub Member Posts: 303
    If you're going to grab a athlon cpu, Look around for the 2500XP+ Mobile version.

Regular speed on that is 333FSB @ 1.83ghz.

You will be able to EASILY overclock it to 400FSB@2.5ghz.

Multipliers come unlocked and the cpu's default core voltage is lower then normal athlon cpu's

If your in Canada, check out canadacomputers.com, or tigerdirect.ca (i guess)
    World Cup 2006 - Zidane - Never Forget.