Options

What Certification should i go for next?

2»

Comments

• Options
    IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    @OP, you should go for the HDI certifications. I hear you'll get a six figure salary instantly by having it. You can even take the exam on your home computer so you know it's extra legit. Good luck!
    </end sarcasm>

So the OP has gone from auditing to database administration back to security to project management? I think you need to figure out what you want to do when you grow up before trying to fill your resume with an alphabet soup of certifications.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • Options
    tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Develop a cost effective method of space travel. I would really like to see humans walking on the surface of Mars someday before I die. kthx :D
  • Options
    HR8886HR8886 Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    @OP, you should go for the HDI certifications. I hear you'll get a six figure salary instantly by having it. You can even take the exam on your home computer so you know it's extra legit. Good luck!
    </end sarcasm>

So the OP has gone from auditing to database administration back to security to project management? I think you need to figure out what you want to do when you grow up before trying to fill your resume with an alphabet soup of certifications.

icon_lol.gif

lol i never said i was doing Database work. I said i wanted to go in that direction but gave IT Auditing a try and i'm sticking to it. i just took the CISA !! Why would i take the CISA and then leave ?

Yes, i still want to be a pro at SQL just for my own knowledge. Is there something wrong with that?

Those saying i can't be a Project manager or Director of some sort don't know anything about my field. I know people at my work place now who were in Auditing and are in those positions now.

SMH
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    LOL @ tpatt and Iris

This post needs some Adderall!

@ OP I think you should go for this HSF
  • Options
    To be very clear one more time:

I have a MS in Information Systems

Currently in IT Auditing (In my 2nd year)

Just took the CISA Exam

Hope one day in the future to be a Director of some sort or go into Project Management.
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I was just kidding around!

I like where you are now. I think director would be your next step. Project management would essentially be a lateral and to be quite honest most of the time operational folks get those positions unless you are a big time PMO shop or working in a Projectized organization or strong matrix.

A lot of it is contigent on the directors role. The higher you go up the food chain the less positions are available. So take your time and strike when the moment is right. Aquiring a bunch of certs isn't going to help a whole lot. 1-2 high level certifications would be enough. CISSP - CISA (example)
  • Options
    thanks for the advice icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    Wilson502Wilson502 Member Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Microsoft SQL Server is probably more "popular" but Oracle certifications are very valuable as well. Most people argue that Oracle is a more powerful product but recent iterations of MS SQL Server have closed the gap. Though you need to decide what exactly you want to do and push forward from there.
    Currently Studying: MCITP:SA, B.S. Business Administration with Focus in Computer Info Systems, Cal State Fresno
    Degree Completion: Spring 2013
    Future Studies: MCITP:EA, MCSE 2012, CCNA/CCNP, VCP5, Security+, Linux+, SQL