Options

Help with CCENT

mjtmjt Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi guys,

I failed my CCENT test today with 750/1000 (pass mark of 804)
The main failures were:
Implement a small routed network 47%
Explain and select the appropriate administrative tasks required for a WLAN 0% (Don't know how that happened icon_rolleyes.gif)
Implement and verify WAN links 25%

I was wondering if you could give me some guidance on how to best practise these sections which I struggled with.
I have the Wendell Odom book which I am currently using to study from also I have packet tracer.

Any help would be much appreciated,
Marc

Comments

• Options
    kurosaki00kurosaki00 Member Posts: 973
    there is a rip lab and other notes in this forum that are very helpful. Try those
    also never use just ONE source for your exams.
    Get lammle book, get videos, there is A LOT of online resources for CCENT.
    Search CCENT in google and youtube, a lot of videos and material.
    meh
  • Options
    NotHackingYouNotHackingYou Member Posts: 1,460 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I agree with the above. Get Lammle's study material if possible. Study study study on WLAN and WAN topics. Practice implementing and troubleshooting RIP.
    When you go the extra mile, there's no traffic.
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    It looks like you need to do more labbing. I would go through and lab every section that you are struggling with. There is something about actually doing what's discussed that will help clear up a lot of questions that you might have.
  • Options
    MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    +1 for labbing. You probably only got one question for the security part. You were very close to passing. I recommend re-read through any weak areas and lab as much as you can. You'll do fine next time.
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S
  • Options
    MstavridisMstavridis Member Posts: 107
    If you could get your hands on some IOS images (legally) and use them in GNS3 that would be a great lab for the CCNET, even better if you can get your hand on the BOSON lab.
  • Options
    ToddBToddB Member Posts: 149
    My 1st try with CCENT I got a 792, tried again and 740. Then I got Chris Bryant Ultimate CCNA study package and did a lot of lab with ciscopress ccna simulator. Passed, took icnd 2 and passed again used chris Bryant information again this time added trainsignal cbt.

My addvise is:
    1) look over blue print till you got the information.
    2) go over a lot of labs till you are comfortable in all sections.
    3) pre-tests I like transender others like boson. Also heard measured up is a good source.
    4) walk into the test knowing you GOT IT, for get about this past Failure.

If you don't have a real equipment, ciscopress ccna simulator is at a good price and it helped me on both tests.

Good Luck,
    :thumbup:

Phil 4:6 "Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God."
  • Options
    flt0nujrflt0nujr Member Posts: 65 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I used Boson, CBT Nugget videos, and Cisco Press books ICND1 and ICND2 to pass my CCENT with a score of 896.
    B.S Information Technology Telecommunications
    A.S Network Server Administration
    M.S Information Security Management (expected 2014-2015)