Options

Failed CCENT - How to approach retake?

joluis9joluis9 Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi,

I just failed the exam. I got 799 (icon_cry.gif awful believe me). In the last three I got a simulation question that I knew it was do or die, sadly I died icon_sad.gif. Anyways I scheduled it for next week. I am just wondering how to approach a repeated question? Does it really repeat some questions? Or should I expect to be asked some stuff that they didn't ask the first time?

Thanks,

Comments

• Options
    YFZbluYFZblu Member Posts: 1,462 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Can you please post how you scored in each categories, including the percentages?
  • Options
    MstavridisMstavridis Member Posts: 107
    My approach was one: stop thinking about your past failure and pull yourself together and just start studying the *ENTIRE* thing again, with this approach you will pass, with gusto.
  • Options
    ThunderPipeThunderPipe Member Posts: 120
    Look at the exam printout that was provided to you after you finished your exam. It lists all the areas that are covered on the exam and it gives you percentages of how you did. Anything less that 80% absolutely needs to be studied up on firmly. Everything else needs to be brushed over again to refresh yourself before the exam.
  • Options
    dave330idave330i Member Posts: 2,091 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I failed my first attempt at CCENT by about the same score. I took it the following week and passed it w/out any problems. Some of the questions from 1st exam were in the 2nd exam, but there weren't a lot. The 2 exams covered same material. Just different questions.

My problem was nerves. It was my first time taking a Cisco exam and I had no idea what to expect. I knew I missed 2-3 easy questions because I was too nervous.

Brush up on sections you were weak on, do some practice questions and you should be fine.
    2018 Certification Goals: Maybe VMware Sales Cert
    "Simplify, then add lightness" -Colin Chapman
  • Options
    joluis9joluis9 Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I past this past Wednesday with 890. I felt the test was a little bit harder, a couple of confusing questions, but overall the same content. I also feel like they asked the same qustions I know for a fact got wrong the first time. They also ask something about the order of the DHCP packets sent from a client to a server (not sure if I saw that on Odom's book, but I knew it from a Windows Server class from school.) Anyways, I finished with 35 min left so time wasn't a problem.

I think they key was trying to improve where I scored around 80% the first time so I don't miss any of those question (subnetting, and how small networks work) and read read and read the stuff I didn't know.

Thanks all for your help. Now ICND 2!
  • Options
    ToddBToddB Member Posts: 149
    congrats, back when I took ccent I failed with a 797 (or something like that). In security I recieved a 0% so I went back and just studied security and got a 742. Now I was mad, passed the 3 time. Took some time off because of some forced job changes went back and hit my studies hard and passed the icnd2 on the 1st try. I beleive you will do the same, nothing like seeing that letter coming at your door from Cisco say you did it!

congrats again
    :thumbup:

Phil 4:6 "Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God."
  • Options
    EV42TMANEV42TMAN Member Posts: 256
    congrats now on to ICND2
    Current Certification Exam: ???
    Future Certifications: CCNP Route Switch, CCNA Datacenter, random vendor training.
  • Options
    jonCCNAprogressjonCCNAprogress Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats mate, i'm new to this forum and I am studying for CCENT, I would love to know exactly what topics to study for the exam and also is there any past exam questions which could help me?

Regards,

jonny