Options

70-659 Passed

GosU-TecHGosU-TecH Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
Sat the 70-659 again this afternoon and passed with a 873. I originally sat this 2 weeks ago and failed with a 683. Came in with no Hyper-V experience (work in an entire VMware shop), but saw the opportunity to take the 659 for free and thought it'd be good to expand my horizons a bit. Ended up paying for the retake in the end, but still worth it.

I picked up the Hyper-V Resource Kit in between the tests to fill the gaps and really liked it. I used both Sybex books recommended on here (Mastering Microsoft Virtualization and Mastering Microsoft SCVMM2008R2) as well. That combined with a bunch of time on Technet and playing around in my lab helped me kill the retake today. Overall the questions I saw today were 10x easier than some of the questions I saw on the original test.

Short break for a bit and them I'm taking the vSphere 5 ICM course (online) at UCSC that was also recommended on here in July. Fortunately was able to have the company pay for it so I'll at least get 1 free crack at the VCP5 exam. Have worked with VMware for a while now and lead the 4.1 to 5.0 upgrade (vCenter, Update Manager/ESXi 5, and SRM) at work.

Comments