Advice!!!

MarquiseMarquise Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi, My name is Marquise Anderson. I'm 21 years old and I live in Washington D.C. I'm currently in a apprenticeship program receiving my A+,MCTS,and HDI, which they are paying for everything. I believe Im in a postition now to better myself in start on a great career path. Before starting this program I didn't know anything about computer now im just so into I just cant say off one. Everytime I get on someone computer I always look at their specs and also see if they properly optimize there system for better performance. But anywho I really want to become a Network Admin. I would like to know if anyone can give me any adive on how I can put myself in the position which I would be qualified for a net admin job? i already know that sooon as i finish school I have to start at the bottom (HELPDESK) and work my way up. So what certs should I pursue after receiving these three?

THANKS ALOT FOR YOU GUYS HELP!!!!!
ALL I DO KNOW IS LISTEN IN TAKE HEAVE TO WHAT EVERYONE HAVE TO SAY BECAUSE YOU CAN LEARN ALOT FROM PEOPLE THAT BEEN IN THIS FIELD FOR SOME TIME. I JUST WISH I HAD THAT PERSON THAT I CAN TALK TO ABOUT THIS IT STUFF ANYTIME BECAUSE NOONE IN MY FAMILY KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT COMPUTERS.

Comments

• EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Welcome to the forums!

The CCENT > CCNA > CCNP is the route most people take to be a Net Admin. It's good you know what you want to be, but you dont know whether you'll like it or not when you start reading/learning the subject. Not discouraging you or anything, the networking side of things is very interesting and can be well-paying but not everyone likes it, I didnt. So pick up the CCENT (Cisco Certified Enterprise Network Technician - isnt that a mouthful!) book by Odom and see if you like it. If you dont, think about the MCITP exams.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    A+, MCTS, and HDI are all pretty solid certifications. Land a help desk gig and learn as much as you can. Like Ess mentioned grab a networking book and see if you like it. Hopefully you do and start specializing in Cisco/Juniper.

Good luck