Options

PASSED A+, NET+!!!!!

JUSTONEFIXJUSTONEFIX Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
I finally got through the Core, OS, Net+ with a 609, 605, 606. I don't even work in IT (career move) and I studied my a** off and got it. I was suprised that all the practice tests that I have taken, I didn't even run into any questions that even resemble those. The Core and O/S are pretty much the same as othre sights. I also was suprised on how many questions that covered MAC OS, Linux/Novell servers, Novell commands, and security (IPSEC, L2TP, Kerborous, MSCHAP, PAP). All of which were very briefly mentioned in class. Since the Net+ has recently changed, I assume that the online study guides and exams were outdated. :D

Comments

• Options
    shadown7shadown7 Member Posts: 529
  • Options
    2lazybutsmart2lazybutsmart Member Posts: 1,119
    Yeah congrats cubed. icon_thumright.gif did you pass them all in a sitting?
    Exquisite as a lily, illustrious as a full moon,
    Magnanimous as the ocean, persistent as time.
  • Options
    YEp, It took 5 hours total. I just took the Core, had a smoke, took the OS, had another smoke, took Net+, had a six pack. I hope this does some good.
  • Options
    zenboyzenboy Member Posts: 196
    Contraz! How long you put into the study for both tests?
    I passed both tests in a 5 weeks time but took them separately. What's next for you?
    "In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's there are few" - S.Suzuki
  • Options
    3000GT3000GT Member Posts: 212
    Whoa, impressive dude :D

I took 4 weeks and i took both A+ exams on the same day....had a break of a year, got lazy, then decided i needed more that A+ and am working to MCSA, you gonna go for MCSA too?
  • Options
    my_id_0308my_id_0308 Member Posts: 171
    wow...congrats...good job!!!
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congratulations!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    zenboyzenboy Member Posts: 196
    RobsonGTO wrote:
    Whoa, impressive dude :D

I took 4 weeks and i took both A+ exams on the same day....had a break of a year, got lazy, then decided i needed more that A+ and am working to MCSA, you gonna go for MCSA too?

Yeah, I got the A+/N+ done and out of the way. I guess my experience came into play when passing the both certs. I'm currently studying for the 70-270 XP and trying to find the ebook to the Ms Press XP Training Guide on the Net.
    "In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert's there are few" - S.Suzuki
  • Options
    Lotusgeek51Lotusgeek51 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    WOW.

congrats man.
  • Options
    mobri09mobri09 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 723
    Congrats! Thats a huge accomplishment! Your definitely on the right track...thats for sure
    :D
  • Options
    I'm going to New Horizons right now (career change). I will be taken A+, Net+, Sec+, MCDST, MCSA, MCSE, CISCO (CCNA). The courses are OK, but no class will prepare you for these tests. I had to do about 6-8 weeks of studying (at least an hour a day).
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    congrats!.........although, I hope NH doesn't still give out **** to pass exams..........
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    Yeah, they mentioned a few sights, one youhad to pay for and another freebie. THey say that they'll get you through the exams, but not much learning is involved. I went over a lot of those questions anyway, and not one was on the Net+ exam. A+ Core and OS was almost the same as practice. I didn't spend much time on those. I was mostly concerned with the Net+. If I was worried about the Net+, how about the CCNA, which I was told has a 96% first tiem fail rate. YIKKEESS :)
  • Options
    dunnkw11dunnkw11 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    which test did you take ????? going to take n10-003 in a couple of weeks.
  • Options
    I took the "new one" n10-003.