Options

Anyone want to SERIOUSLY start 31 Days to CCNA book with me?

zrockstarzrockstar Member Posts: 378
Looking to start in the next couple days. I just finished the academy at my community college and I am going to start my final push to cert by following the 31 Days book. Preferably you would have gone to the academy also and have the companion series as 31 Days outlines those books. I also have the Odom series I will be using too as recommended in the 31 Days book. Just looking for a serious study partner that we can Skype once a week and bounce material off each other to help prepare.

Comments

• Options
    vinbuckvinbuck Member Posts: 785 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Think of the entire board as your study partner...you'll probably get a quicker response icon_smile.gif

Study groups for IT certs don't seem to fare well when you're not in a classroom environment....good luck though!
    Cisco was my first networking love, but my "other" router is a Mikrotik...
  • Options
    RoguetadhgRoguetadhg Member Posts: 2,489 ■■■■■■■■□□
    We'd all be more than grateful to help you succeed. People asking questions help everyone study, and retain information. It's one of the good things about this board!
    In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    TE Threads: How to study for the CCENT/CCNA, Introduction to Cisco Exams

• Options
    xocityxocity Member Posts: 230
    unfortunately I dont have enough posts to send a pm but im very interested in starting this 31 day CCNA book with someone. Im currently enrolled in a ccna class and its over Next Sat and I plan to prepare for the exam to take it by latest August. Can a Mod please allow me access to PM. Or I can just look around forum and posting random things.
  • Options
    NytrocideNytrocide Member Posts: 225
    REMOVED UNNECESSARY QUOTED REPLY FROM PREVIOUS POST

I believe you need 10 posts to PM. Surely you can find 3 topics on the subjects you're studying to contribute to! icon_razz.gif
    Goals for 2014: CCNA: Voice / CCNA: Security
  • Options
    REMOVED UNNECESSARY QUOTED REPLY FROM PREVIOUS POST

Lol ! Yea im not much of a talker I guess and im still in the learning phase of everything but once I know more, the more I will contribute lol. But im at 10 now
  • Options
    zrockstarzrockstar Member Posts: 378
    xocity wrote: »
    unfortunately I dont have enough posts to send a pm but im very interested in starting this 31 day CCNA book with someone. Im currently enrolled in a ccna class and its over Next Sat and I plan to prepare for the exam to take it by latest August. Can a Mod please allow me access to PM. Or I can just look around forum and posting random things.

XO, if you would be willing to start a little bit early, we can team up on this. I leave for vacation for 2 weeks in July, and want to take my test before then, so I have to start soon otherwise those 2 weeks will screw me in the middle of my study push.
  • Options
    I would have to start after next week since I have work and school all day mon-fri next week I have no time for anything in between ... but I can pick up on things fast.... try an PM me to see if I can PM back cause its not letting me PM yet -_-

just sent pm...
  • Options
    IllumanatiIllumanati Banned Posts: 211 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I can't PM you since this is firstpost. How do I join your study?
  • Options
    Illumanati wrote: »
    I can't PM you since this is firstpost. How do I join your study?

If anyone is interested on starting a full CCNA course from start I will be starting mine monday 06-25 and I will be studying with Todd Lammle and CBT nuggets and move on to other sources .... if any anyones interested ... PM me or just add me on msn.
  • Options
    hardstylewonhardstylewon Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    have you taken your test yet?
  • Options
    IllumanatiIllumanati Banned Posts: 211 ■□□□□□□□□□
    zrockstar,

i cannot PM so give me your email address and I can start tomorrow or ASAP.

Thanks.
  • Options
    I plan on taking test early/mid august. Im just getting a group together to bounce off thoughts / questions/ ideas and help each other out on the way.
  • Options
    MutataMutata Member Posts: 176
    I would join a group studying for their CCNA
  • Options
    fadhilfadhil Member Posts: 200
    I will join with but will start on July.