Options

My %$@&*^%$!@#$*&^%$# CCNP Certificate is bent!!!!

vinbuckvinbuck Member Posts: 785 ■■■■□□□□□□
So after spending a year and a half and hundreds on exams and materials, Cisco sent my CCNP Certificate in an envelope that does not say "Do not bend" so I found it folded in my mailbox yesterday.

Arrrrrrrrrrrrgghhhhh!!!!

Guess who is not happy with Cisco

<
This Guy

Anyone have a good e-mail contact for Cisco training support that I can send a scathing e-mail to?
Cisco was my first networking love, but my "other" router is a Mikrotik...

Comments

• Options
    DPGDPG Member Posts: 780 ■■■■■□□□□□
    This is why the PDF option is way better.
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Well I highly doubt Cisco is the one that bent it when they stuck it in your mail box.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    Well I highly doubt Cisco is the one that bent it when they stuck it in your mail box.

I'm sure of it...I saw the black van icon_smile.gif

Something like that should come in a more rigid envelope that is properly marked...i've gotten junk mail in better envelopes.
  • Options
    MrBishopMrBishop Member Posts: 229
    Buahaha, that's too funny; you do know they have a PDF version of it online? You can also order another one online too, but I guess the mail person will bend it up also!
    Degrees
    M.S. Internet Engineering | M.S. Information Assurance
    B.S. Information Technology | A.A.S Information Technology
    Certificaions
    Currently pursuing: CCIE R&Sv5
  • Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Are you going to go talk to the mail carrier about it ? I think you should also put in a complaint about the envelope.
    Some mail carriers can do some dumb things. I've had my fair share of laziness from ours.

I guess everyone is right about the PDF version for this certificate. Will Cisco send you another certificate for free??
    I understand that the PDF version isn't the same as getting the actual letter from Cisco along with the wallet card and certificate.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    Are you going to go talk to the mail carrier about it ? I think you should also put in a complaint about the envelope.
    Some mail carriers can do some dumb things. I've had my fair share of laziness from ours.

I guess everyone is right about the PDF version for this certificate. Will Cisco send you another certificate for free??
    I understand that the PDF version isn't the same as getting the actual letter from Cisco along with the wallet card and certificate.

It is exactly the same. You can then print as many certificate or wallet cards as you want.
  • Options
    Postal workers get annoyed if you don't empty your mail box. Mine will smash up my mail instead of just sliding it under the door which is a few feet away! I guess, he figures that I could also take my mail out since its a few feet from my door and gets pissed! RUDE!
    Degrees
    Certificaions
  • Options
    YFZbluYFZblu Member Posts: 1,462 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Every certificate I've received has had at least a small bend somewhere. It's very annoying, but whatever.
    DPG wrote: »
    It is exactly the same. You can then print as many certificate or wallet cards as you want.

This. Purchase some high-quality glossy paper and print the certificate out. Get the wallet card laminated.
  • Options
    tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    First world problem /jk icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    deth1kdeth1k Member Posts: 312
    who cares it's a bit of paper at the end of the day don't forget that i does expire and once you've recertified they won't send you a new one.
  • Options
    I fully intend to get a PDF version also but i'm getting every last red ^%^*&*%$@!$%@!*&% cent out of Uncle Cisco that I can considering the amount of time and effort I put into it.

my future CCIE cert better be perfect or you'll be reading about a lone gunman in San Jose icon_smile.gif

Police: "put down the rifle......"

Me: "I just want a certificate that isn't bent you cheap lazy $%@&amp;*(%@#$!!!!!!!!!"

icon_smile.gif Ok I feel better now....
  • Options
    GOZCUGOZCU Member Posts: 234
    mine was in a kind of special envelope which is not suitable to bend.
  • Options
    The CCIE is a plaque, so I don't see that getting crumpled up in the mail.
    Degrees
    Certificaions
  • Options
    GOZCU wrote: »
    mine was in a kind of special envelope which is not suitable to bend.

My Check Point certificate was stuck between two pieces of cardboard that would bend but not crease. It made it all they way from Israel in perfect condition.
  • Options
    MrBishop wrote: »

By the time I get mine, it will probably be on copy paper folded in a 10 cent envelope ;-P
  • Options
    alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    MrBishop wrote: »

Sounds like a challenge. icon_mrgreen.gif