Options

Well that's an awful feeling. Failed ICND2 :/

Darthn3ssDarthn3ss Member Posts: 1,096
Got an 818/1000 - passing score was 825. Soooo close I can taste it... I feel like the exam I got was custom tailored to my weaknesses:

Configure, verify and troubleshoot a switch with VLANS and interswitch communications - 73%
Implement an IP addressing scheme and IP Services to meet network requirements in a medium-size Enterprise branch office network - 100%
Configure and troubleshoot basic operation and routing on Cisco devices - 67%
Implement, verify, and troubleshoot NAT and ACLs in a medium-size Enterprise branch office network - 50%
Implement and verify WAN links - 83%

I had a bunch of switching questions early on (oh RSTP, I hate you), and ended up spending way too much time on the first 15 or so questions - including a sim that for some reason froze my brain (and it was an extremely easy one :/).. In the end I had about 5 minutes left to do that last 8 questions. So naturally, I get a testlet (i think thats what they're called? they give you a topology and sometimes console to use show commands to answer questions) and then the very last question, with about 30s left, was a drag and drop..In full on panic mode i was able to get three of them matched up but ran out of time on the last two (ended up just dragging whatever i could click in). So I was probably one or two questions from passing.

The worst part is WGU probably won't let me take it again for at least another two weeks. Anxiety is going to freaking kill me.

Going to take a day or two off and then get back on it. I expect to get 900+ next time around. I won't run out of time and I damn sure won't miss another STP question.
Fantastic. The project manager is inspired.

In Progress: 70-640, 70-685

Comments

• Options
    NytrocideNytrocide Member Posts: 225
    Sorry to hear that =/ While it's not nearly as important as the CCNA, I failed my Net+ the first time I took it by one question as well. So I can somewhat relate to what you're feeling right now.

Just don't let it get you down, you'll destroy it with the newfound determination you'll have going in next time! icon_thumright.gif
    Goals for 2014: CCNA: Voice / CCNA: Security
  • Options
    kurosaki00kurosaki00 Member Posts: 973
    dont give up man! Get back to the books and labs! Now its the time, the information is still fresh and you got the part you need emphasize more!

dooooeeeet!
    meh
  • Options
    ricky8ricky8 Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hey,

i know the feeling. i failed icnd2 twice now. i got 762. 818 is definitely tough since its so close. i barely had enough time to finish the exam as well. i had around 1 minute left to spare.

is this your first attempt? and how soon do you plan on retaking the exam?
  • Options
    swildswild Member Posts: 828
    You are so close to passing, I would brush up on ACLs and NAT and hit it again ASAP while it's fresh in your head.

I passed on my 4th try. The third was way harder than the first two tries. You may have just got a tough set of questions.

818 is like sucker punch. ouch.
  • Options
    gadav478gadav478 Member Posts: 374 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Dust yourself off and go after it again. There's no way you got that close and can't murder it the second go around. Now you know where you are weak per Cisco and first-timers don't have that advantage.

Make sure you bring your good bat, you'll knock it out the park lol...
    Goals for 2015: CCNP
  • Options
    seansabianseansabian Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Darthn3ss, keep it going. You are really close to passing. Review those areas were you can raise your score nat, acl and switching but don't let the other areas slip. = ) And you should pass it with flying colors.
    ~ Sean
  • Options
    seansabianseansabian Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hey Swild, I felt that my third attempt at the ICND2 was harder than my first two attempts also. I scored the lowest on the third attempt (650) and highest on the second attempt (748 ).
    ~ Sean
  • Options
    swildswild Member Posts: 828
    My scores were 703, 706, 776, and finally 874.
  • Options
    DB CooperDB Cooper Member Posts: 94 ■■□□□□□□□□
    swild wrote: »

Much respect, we all fall in life, some don't get back up. But not you cowboy, you rode that horse till you owned it.

Great job.
  • Options
    Darthn3ssDarthn3ss Member Posts: 1,096
    A bottle of rum (The Kraken) and a weekend has passed, and now I'm back at it. I'm not sure when they'll let me retake it but I'm hoping for next week at the latest.....
    Fantastic. The project manager is inspired.

In Progress: 70-640, 70-685
  • Options
    kurosaki00kurosaki00 Member Posts: 973
    I think there is a pretty quick policy. Like literally if you failed the exam you can retake it like in the same week.

But I think if you fail the second attempt you need to wait more time

from cisco site
    Candidates who fail an exam must wait a period of five (5) calendar days, beginning the day after the failed attempt, before they may retest for the same exam.
    meh
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    @Swild 3 fails and still banged it out. Wow nice work.
  • Options
    Carl_S_901Carl_S_901 Member Posts: 105
    Darthn3ss,

I am going to use you for motivation. I just got back from the testing center today after failing ICND with a score of ....

Testing center had issues and I could not get an exam report so I have no clue as to the score breakdown.

I do know that after checking when I got home that I definitely missed 2 IPv6 questions that probably would have made the difference.

I see from a follow up post of yours that you went back again and got an 880.

Any tips on how you handled it? How you re-studied? or anything else that might help?
    Carl S.

Check out my personal certification journey blog
    http://carlscertjourney.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    babarricusbabarricus Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    swild wrote: »

Respect dude - lots of people would have rage quit after a few knockdowns. Reading stuff like this motivates me to keep powering through when I'm feeling tired of the books!
  • Options
    IvanjamIvanjam Member Posts: 978 ■■■■□□□□□□
    babarricus: I agree with you 100%. When I am feeling down and out about my IT certification path, I just come to techexams.net for motivation. There are some very tough and determined guys on this site.
    Fall 2014: Start MA in Mathematics [X]
    Fall 2016: Start PhD in Mathematics [X]