Options

Realalstic?

wweboywweboy Member Posts: 287 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hey everyone,

I just finished my static routing lab after watching Jeremy do his on CBT Nuggets. I taught myself how to do serial interfaces and things like that because he doesn't explain until a later video but I had a question in regards to the setup. He stated that the "HQ" network which consisted of a 800 series router / swtich combo plus another router and switch would be one area and then another would be another switch and router being for a branch office. My question is why are they using two routers why not just use the one router to do everything? I've attached my topolgy of my lab. either way it was fun as heck to do!

Comments

• Options
    kurosaki00kurosaki00 Member Posts: 973
    I dont know what exactly you mean....

If you mean the cbt nuggets lab, well... one router would defeat the purpose of emulating wan through serials, routing protocols etc

Props for the Mio avatar
    meh
  • Options
    MrBishopMrBishop Member Posts: 229
    Yes, I believe the purpose here is to simulate two networks; HQ and the branch office. In the real world your not going to encounter many situations of dealing with one router, unless you're in a small office and even then you'll probably have 2 for redundancy, plus a flat network design isn't recommended. Basically, you want to design a 3 tier hierarchical design.
    Degrees
    M.S. Internet Engineering | M.S. Information Assurance
    B.S. Information Technology | A.A.S Information Technology
    Certificaions
    Currently pursuing: CCIE R&Sv5