Options

CCna after net + what do you guys think...

gdeusthewhizkidgdeusthewhizkid Member Posts: 289
really debating on CCna or CCent as next cert. I would really wanna go to the next level in my career and i don't think i wanna wait for WGU to pay for my ccna. after passing network+ I really wanna stay strong with my networking skills. I really did enjoy studying for network+ and learning so much. Im in a entry level IT position already and I feel like the only way I'm going to advance is with the CCna or a degree. seriously the other certs seem like a waste of time...
WGU Progress: Progress | Completed | Start Date: 9/1/2012 B.S. Network Management & Design
Courses Transferred in: BBC1 LAE1 QBT1 IWC1 IWT1 DHV1 CSV1 CWV1 CRV1 DEV1 - 28 cu :roll:
Down: AXV1 CPV1 WFV1 CLC1

Technical Diploma from Lincoln Tech.

Comments

• Options
    matt333matt333 Member Posts: 276 ■■■■□□□□□□
    thats what I did its a pretty easy transition. I'd recommend the 2 exam route, less pressure and at least in my case I found the exams pretty simple. if you study hard you'll bang them out with ease. Good Luck
    Studying: Automating Everything, network API's, Python etc.. 
    Certifications: CCNP, CCDP, JNCIP-DC, JNCIS-DevOps, JNCIS-ENT, JNCIS-SP
  • Options
    Ltat42aLtat42a Member Posts: 587 ■■■□□□□□□□
    This might be motivation to go for CCNA or CCNP

CCNA - Salary for Ccna

CCNP - Salary for Ccnp
  • Options
    matt333matt333 Member Posts: 276 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Ltat42a wrote: »
    This might be motivation to go for CCNA or CCNP

CCNA - Salary for Ccna

CCNP - Salary for Ccnp

these are really funny.. and VERY unrealistic. my motivation is learning something new. I'd put more faith in that
    Studying: Automating Everything, network API's, Python etc.. 
    Certifications: CCNP, CCDP, JNCIP-DC, JNCIS-DevOps, JNCIS-ENT, JNCIS-SP
  • Options
    m3zillam3zilla Member Posts: 172
    matt333 wrote: »
    these are really funny.. and VERY unrealistic. my motivation is learning something new. I'd put more faith in that

I wouldn't say it's unrealistic, it just doesn't factor in experience. I wouldn't doubt CCNP making 90+ with 5-10 years of experience. However, according to that chart, I'm 15k underpaid!