Options

which company provides the best wireless cell phone service?

x_Danny_xx_Danny_x Member Posts: 312 ■■□□□□□□□□
Which company provides the best cell phone service? Im looking into the Personal Use 2 year plan. This is my first time getting a cell phone by the way.

Help me out here
There There, Its okay to feel GUILTY...........There is no SIN in PLEASURE!

Comments

• Options
    reloadedreloaded Member Posts: 235
    Seems Verizon and Cingular/ATT are the way to go these days. I have friends who have Verizon and some who have Cingular and both seem to be great bargains with great service. Everyone I've talked to who has Sprint (including myself) thinks Sprint has terrible connectivity and customer service. Therefore, go with something giving you free long distance and a good amount of anytime minutes. Good luck.
    Reloaded~4~Ever
  • Options
    johnnynodoughjohnnynodough Member Posts: 634
    it really depends on where you live.

In WA, Tmobile is great.
    Go Hawks - 7 and 2

2 games againts San Fran coming up, oh yeah baby, why even play? just put then in the win category and call it good :p
  • Options
    qsubqsub Member Posts: 303
    If your going GSM, don't goto Tmobile. Go cingular since their network supports the 850mhz frequency band and the 1900mhz frequency band.

I personally don't like CDMA/TDMA networks (verizon/sprint)

But I live in Canada, so verizon/sprint as a company might juse be better then Telus/Bell (which are CDMA/TDMA providers) up here in Canada.
    World Cup 2006 - Zidane - Never Forget.
  • Options
    keatronkeatron Member Posts: 1,213 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I agree with the earlier post that it depends on where you live. I currently use sprint personally and cingular/at&t for work. As far as bells and whistles (internet stuff..etc.) I don't think sprint can be beat. I live in Chicago so connectivity is not a problem at all. Also, with sprint, I can travel from here in Chicago all the way to the southern tip of Mississippi (on the Gulf of Mexico where my parents live) and never roam.
  • Options
    x_Danny_xx_Danny_x Member Posts: 312 ■■□□□□□□□□
    thanks guys, Im going with Verizon and buying a Nokia Cell phone. Word has it is the best cell phone to use with Verizon
    There There, Its okay to feel GUILTY...........There is no SIN in PLEASURE!
  • Options
    D-boyD-boy Member Posts: 595
    Verizon, good choice icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    I have Verizon and Nextel (one personal and one work). Verizon is better...wouldn't say great, but I certainly don't have the problems my friends have who don't have it.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    I use Verizon, with an LG phone. No color, no camera, no extras, just a phone. By next year though, Verizon will have it's work cut for them, seeing the Att/Cingular merger creates a large competitor, the merger of Sprint and Nextel will create the largest digital network nationwide.....Maybe Verizon and T-Mobile will merge.....this was all somewhat predictable......
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    Ricka182 wrote:
    Maybe Verizon and T-Mobile will merge.....this was all somewhat predictable......

I really don't see that happening. Cingular/ATT/TMobile = GSM Network Provider

Sprint/Verizon/Nextel = CDMA Network Provider.

Cingular/ATT Can merge since they have the same network type
    Sprint/Nextel Can merge since they have the same network type

If Verizon/Tmobile do merge, they won't be able to share "frequency towers"
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    Good call. I for got about the different networks. I hope Verizon stays strong and somewhat independent.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    I don't know how things are for CDMA networks in America but in Canada. Bell is just horrible and Telus is alright.. I think there reception is good but they just sell a lot of crappy phones that don't have the hardware/firmware to match up to there networks maximum performance. On top of that, they have some insane monthly rates.
  • Options
    filkenjitsufilkenjitsu Member Posts: 564 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I work in the Roamer Support Department at US Cellular.

"I really don't see that happening. Cingular/ATT/TMobile = GSM Network Provider

Sprint/Verizon/Nextel = CDMA Network Provider.

Cingular/ATT Can merge since they have the same network type
    Sprint/Nextel Can merge since they have the same network type

If Verizon/Tmobile do merge, they won't be able to share "frequency towers""

Sprint, Verizon, Alltel, US Cellular = CDMA

Nextel = iDen Network

Cingular, TMobile, etc = GSM or TDMA

A lot of carriers still have old TDMA networks, even if they are CDMA carriers, But they are fasing them out for either GSM or CDMA.

CDMA is a better network than GSM as GSM still uses Time Division Access and splits up the seconds on a channel for callers to use. CDMA networks use the bandwith by channels instead of time, Allows more customers on a tower at the same time and has a more rich sounds. GSM AND TDMA sound kind of "tinny"
    CISSP, CCNA SP
    Bachelors of Science in Telecommunications - Mt. Sierra College
    Masters of Networking and Communications Management, Focus in Wireless - Keller
  • Options
    goasakawagoasakawa Member Posts: 58 ■■□□□□□□□□
    ...only because I have the Audiovox 6600 Harrier and VZW has the only wireless broadband speed (EVDO) Netowrk so far. icon_rolleyes.gif