Options

Securing Remote Desktop to Domain controller

kamalshah2808kamalshah2808 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey people,

I am having a Domain Controller in running in Windows Server 2008 R2. Secondly I am having a windows 7 which I have already join it to my domain. And I am posting this threat to find out whether it is possible to have only this Windows 7 computer to be allowed to remote desktop to the Domain Controller? And secondly only those who are logged in to the domain in that windows 7 computer can remote desktop to the domain controller?

Comments

• Options
    RyanCorbettRyanCorbett Member Posts: 54 ■■■□□□□□□□
    you are in the wrong forum....this is for security+ topics, which is unrelated to your question....i suggest you take your concern to the windows/microsoft forums....good luck....
  • Options
    higherhohigherho Member Posts: 882
    Hey people,

I am having a Domain Controller in running in Windows Server 2008 R2. Secondly I am having a windows 7 which I have already join it to my domain. And I am posting this threat to find out whether it is possible to have only this Windows 7 computer to be allowed to remote desktop to the Domain Controller? And secondly only those who are logged in to the domain in that windows 7 computer can remote desktop to the domain controller?

First thing configure remote desktop on the 2008R2 DC and select "Require user authentication for remote connections by using Network Level AuthenticatioN" - more secure and configure which groups can access the DC. You can also change the local security policy setting to only allowing certain users or groups to access the computer via remote desktop.

Once that is completed I Would configure your local firewall to only allow certain IP's to access the box via the RDP protocol.

Here is some more detail for you.

Configure Security Settings for Remote Desktop Services Connections