After CCNA, what's next?

alikooalikoo Registered Users Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
Now that I have CCNA and CWNA, what's next? CCDA or CCNP? or Maybe something else?

Comments

• Concerned WaterConcerned Water Member Posts: 338 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I think the CCNP would be a good move. After gaining my CCNA, I still feel like I don't know enough. I'm studying for Switch now. Multilayer switching is amazing. Finally getting answers for questions I wanted to know about when studying for CCNA.
    :study:Reading: CCNP Route FLG, Routing TCP/IP Vol. 1
    SWITCH [x] ROUTE [ ] TSHOOT [ ] VCP6-NV [ ]
  • luberguilarteluberguilarte Member Posts: 112
    Hi , well I am studying for icnd2 and hopefully within 2 months I will pass my exam and be a full ccna , and my plan after that is to move right way into ccnp and then I will do ccna voice , the answer to your question just you can answer it ,it's your call.
  • SomnipotentSomnipotent Member Posts: 384
    CCNP logically next. Once that's done you can go back and get your CCDA and move to CCDP. I'm going for CCNA Security/Voice and CCDA before I jump back into the professional track, all while solidifying the foundations for the CCIE R&S.
    Reading: Internetworking with TCP/IP: Principles, Protocols, and Architecture (D. Comer)
  • alikooalikoo Registered Users Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I see everybody agree with CCNP. I still think CCDA should be next. CCNA and CCDA are both a the Associate level. Then one moves up the ladder to the Professional level.

Now in terms of job postings, CCNP has more job offers.
  • swildswild Member Posts: 828
    Cisco recommends CCNP level knowledge of switching prior to attending the CCDA classes, I'm just sayin'.

CCDA - Career Certifications & Paths - Cisco Systems
  • 4_lom4_lom Member Posts: 485
    It all depends on what you want to do. Do you enjoy networking?
    Goals for 2018: MCSA: Cloud Platform, AWS Solutions Architect, MCSA : Server 2016, MCSE: Messaging

• kurosaki00kurosaki00 Member Posts: 973
    hitting the clubs!
    meh
  • Dr ITDr IT Member Posts: 351 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Logically go for the CCNP before your CCDA - Do you manage Servers if then you can cross the border and head to MS Certifications ( only if you work with these technologies )
    Venturing in to the Unknown

Target 2018 : SSCP VCP- DTM

The Difference between the Ordinary and the Extra-Ordinary is that Little " Extra ".
  • alikooalikoo Registered Users Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    4_lom wrote: »
    It all depends on what you want to do. Do you enjoy networking?

As a start, I wanna have a bit of everything. CCNA for Network Basics, CWNA for Wireless basics, CCDA for Design basics, and then I'll get a Security Certification like CISSP or CISM. Do I have a point?