Options

Passed CISSP-ISSMP!!!

FalasiFalasi Member Posts: 115
Took the exam early morning today around 8:30 , done by almost 10:15. it was my 2nd try (paper-based by last march: 657) and let me tells you this:

- Most of the questions were hard , answers were confusing most of the time.
- No break was allowed , no water either (worst time for migraine).
- the room was extra cold even for summer. basically was shaking. (or maybe coz I'm thin..)

by the end of 1st run over all questions I had 40 questions for review + 5 for answer. I went for my best logical answer and submit.

got the "Congratulation! you have finished the exam" and I was like did I pass or what now. went to the reception and the guy was getting my result. he was like hmmm icon_study.gificon_confused.gif??:.... "oh you passed"

general understanding of the official materials + CISM review and exam the week before was helpful. I still need to submit endorsement paper + resume though.

Edit: I've checked with ISC2 support and there is no need to submit anything , however just to make sure , I'll scan vue "pass" paper and email it along with my resume. thanks everyone. :)!

edit2: Officially, I can use ISSMP designation :D , ok this was fast XD! to think that 24h ago I wasn't sure that I can pass XD

Comments

• Options
    loneferretloneferret Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Falasi wrote: »
    got the "Congratulation! you have finished the exam" and I was like did I pass or what now.

LOL that's what I told myself when I passed the SSCP a few days back...
    Anyway congrats on the pass. w00t! :D
  • Options
    IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! That's a major accomplishment!
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • Options
    kalkan999kalkan999 Member Posts: 269 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I am personally going for the ASIS CPP next.
  • Options
    tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats! I saw this last year and didn't seem to be very much study material, do you have any recommendations?
  • Options
    tpatt100 wrote: »
    Congrats! I saw this last year and didn't seem to be very much study material, do you have any recommendations?

I've used CISM review manual (had the exam last week). not sure how but it clarified things for me and ISSMP guide was easy to read. I've read so many comment about the guide being bad and not representing the exam in any way. but the nature of ISC2 exams - and ISSMP one in particuler - hardly gives you direct question or about 1 or 2 concepts, instead the fully understanding the concept will really help.

My suggestion (what I've done actually) : try answering the end of chapters' questions without reviewing anything , check your answer (without the explanations) , read the guide fully and test yourself again. GL
  • Options
    rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • Options
    tprice5tprice5 Member Posts: 770
    Congrats! Now go out and treat yourself to something you enjoy. Ya definitely earned it!
    Certification To-Do: CEH [ ], CHFI [ ], NCSA [ ], E10-001 [ ], 70-413 [ ], 70-414 [ ]
    WGU MSISA
    Start Date: 10/01/2014 | Complete Date: ASAP
    All Courses: LOT2, LYT2 , UVC2, ORA1, VUT2, VLT2 , FNV2 , TFT2 , JIT2 , FMV2, FXT2 , LQT2
  • Options
    hardstylewonhardstylewon Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats and good luck in your future!
  • Options
    MrBishopMrBishop Member Posts: 229
    Congrats!!!!
    Degrees
    M.S. Internet Engineering | M.S. Information Assurance
    B.S. Information Technology | A.A.S Information Technology
    Certificaions
    Currently pursuing: CCIE R&Sv5
  • Options
    dmoore44dmoore44 Member Posts: 646
    Congrats!
    Graduated Carnegie Mellon University MSIT: Information Security & Assurance Currently Reading Books on TensorFlow
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,028 Admin
    Congratulations on passing the CISSP-ISSMP exam! icon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    spicy ahispicy ahi Member Posts: 413 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the accomplishment! icon_cheers.gif
    Spicy :cool: Mentor the future! Be a CyberPatriot!
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for your support :) without that and the knowledge I gained through reading the countless topics here; I wouldn't be able to get anywhere in any Certification.

Thanks again :) and GL all
  • Options
    NytrocideNytrocide Member Posts: 225
    Congrats! I hope to be you someday XD
    Goals for 2014: CCNA: Voice / CCNA: Security