Options

Passed!

BinaryTacoBinaryTaco Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Woooot, passed with 955 today. It is a massive weight off my chest getting this exam done. That official cert book sat on my self collecting dust far longer than it needed to.

Kind of pondering what my next move cisco-wise should be: CCNA Voice or CCNP R/S. Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    spd3432spd3432 Member Posts: 224
    Congrats! icon_cheers.gif

No idea on next move for you. I picked up a CCNA:V book last year. Read the first few chapters and got bored with it. I'm trying to decide on my next move also. I have spent the past couple of weeks just looking at stuff for CCNP. I was watching a couple of youtube videos today, and the CCNP TShoot exam looks like fun. I'm nowhere near ready to do anything towards it, but just the format looks like it would be fun to do. Unfortunately, the 'sticky' in the CCNP forum here is all about the old 5 exam format, not the current 3.
    ----CCNP goal----
    Route [ ] Studying
    Switch [ ] Next
    Tshoot [ ] Eventually
  • Options
    lincis_auslincis_aus Member Posts: 50 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hey dude, I'm in the same dilemma.

I started watching some CCNA Voice cbt nuggets, and it was just information overload. The lab equipment is way to expensive for me right now, by the looks of it i would need to spend $500+ for a decent lab.

With the CCNP on the other hand, Route exam lab would be free (GNS3), while the switch and Tshoot would cost me a couple of hundred bucks.

I really do not know how useful the CCNP is without the experience, but i am just tempted to ditch voice and study for the Route exam.

Decisions, decisions...
  • Options
    SomnipotentSomnipotent Member Posts: 384
    Congrats, I'm scheduling mine two weeks out from today. I would say go do the CCNP R&S for now, and squeeze CCNA Voice between SWITCH and TSHOOT. The ROUTE can be done with GNS3, so it's a cheapy. SWITCH will require 4x switches, 2x of which need to be MLS capable. 3550s are running about $100 a pop these days, so about $280 for a lab set up. If you get PoE swiches, you'll be able to tackle the CCNA Voice much easier. TSHOOT takes some practice, but it's not too difficult as it's merely a review. If anything take ROUTE for now.
    spd3432 wrote: »
    I was watching a couple of youtube videos today, and the CCNP TShoot exam looks like fun.

TSHOOT is one heck of a test. Probably the best exam experience I've had! Totally real world and hands on.
    Reading: Internetworking with TCP/IP: Principles, Protocols, and Architecture (D. Comer)
  • Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    BinaryTacoBinaryTaco Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks all!

@Somnipotent - I think that's what I'm going to do. I have access to a couple 3750s at work and have 3 2960s at home, so I should be good to go for a SWITCH lab. Thanks for the input!