CISSP Endorsement

rahulprahulp Registered Users Posts: 4 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi,

I emailed my CISSP Endorsement on June 14, 2012. However I have still not heard from them, not even a confirmation of receipt.

Do I need to contact them? I am not sure as they have specifically mention not to contact them.

Any suggestions or prior experience with the same situation is most appreciated.

Kind regards,

Rahul

Comments

• IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    If you sent it to the right e-mail address from your pass email then there is nothing to do except sit tight and wait it out. Unfortunately, ISC2 is notoriously bad for long waits and little communication. You can always call but I have a feeling you'll hit the stone wall that many of us have
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • rahulprahulp Registered Users Posts: 4 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Many thanks Iristheangel, do appreciate the quick reply.
  • kalkan999kalkan999 Member Posts: 269 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Rahul, ditto what iris says. But if I may...I received my endorsement in less than three weeks. Rather than call them, I just kept checking in on the ISC2 site to see if my membership status had changed in 'my profile.' Sure enough two days short of three weeks after I sent in my endorsement, I checked the site and I had the 'keys to the kingdom' two hours before I got the e-mail telling me I was a full-fledged member.
    Here's something that I tested, as a bet to my employees who were CISSP's who told me that they and everyone THEY knew waited almost 6 weeks for their 'package.' When I got the e-mail that told me I might have to wait 4-6 weeks for the Certificate and card, I went to the ISC2 store and bought the plaque. While the store says 4-6 weeks as well, I thought that there's nothing better to get things moving than to wave the banner of American Capitalism ($100 bill for mechandise + shipping) in the air and BOUGHT an additional Certificate encased in a plaque. I was right. One WEEK later, I got the plaque and somehow a Lanyard and coffee cup made it in there too..(I told the wife unit that they MUST have made a mistake and shipped the extra items for free...*wink* *wink*
  • spicy ahispicy ahi Member Posts: 413 ■■□□□□□□□□
    @Kalkan - I was thinking of getting the plaque as well because this is one I'm definitely putting up on my wall at work (the only other cert I plan on hanging is CCIE and that's only if I take the plunge) Your post has pushed the needle closer to "buy" now. icon_lol.gif
    Spicy :cool: Mentor the future! Be a CyberPatriot!
    Kalkan and Spicy, is the certificate regular degree sized? If so, I think I'll buy the same frame I got my for my WGU degree. I want everything to match on my wall if I can :)
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
  • spicy ahispicy ahi Member Posts: 413 ■■□□□□□□□□
    @Iris - Here's the measurement provided for the plaque:

"Metal plate is 7" x 10", walnut base is 9" x 12." Pre-drilled for easy hanging on a wall."

And here's the option for the mounted certificate (probably what you're looking for)

"Matted area is 9" x 11 3/4" (certificate plus border). Overall size is 11 1/2 " x 14". Pre-drilled for easy hanging on a wall."

Looking at it, I'd have to assume it's standard certificate size so it should meet your needs.
    Spicy :cool: Mentor the future! Be a CyberPatriot!
    Thanks, Spicy!
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
  • rahulprahulp Registered Users Posts: 4 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Many thanks Kalkan, will take the advice and just check the membership status of my profile.
  • chrishzchrishz Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    rahulp, if I were you I'd e-mail them anyway and ask if they received your materials. (ISC)2 takes their sweet time to process all kinds of stuff, but they've always sent me a reasonably quick (e.g. <5 days) confirmation. There's nothing wrong with you assuring yourself that they have everything they need.
  • loneferretloneferret Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I would email them too...

After a few other problems settled, I received an email confirming that they had received the endorsement form.
    Worse thing that can happen is they don't reply... bits are free.
  • ejg398ejg398 Member Posts: 57 ■■■□□□□□□□
    rahulp wrote: »
    Hi,

I emailed my CISSP Endorsement on June 14, 2012. However I have still not heard from them, not even a confirmation of receipt.

Do I need to contact them? I am not sure as they have specifically mention not to contact them.

Any suggestions or prior experience with the same situation is most appreciated.

Kind regards,

Rahul

I sent in my endorsement via email also on June 14. I go tthis response the same day.

This email confirms that (ISC)2 has received your endorsement documentation and have placed it in queue to be reviewed. All submissions are reviewed for completeness and for satisfaction of the experience requirements for certification. If additional information is required to complete your endorsement, (ISC)2 will contact you at the primary email address located in your candidate profile.
    If your submission includes a qualified endorser, please allow 6 weeks for your submission to be reviewed and processed.

If your submission did not include a qualified endorser, please allow 6 weeks for your submission to be reviewed and processed.

If you have not received a reply after 6 weeks, please email programs@isc2.org for further assistance.

Sincerely,

(ISC)2 Candidate Services