Anyone getting raises this year?

2»

Comments

• Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Saint that's the blue print to success!
  • Options
    SteveLordSteveLord Member Posts: 1,717
    2% on July 1. And another few percent sometime down the road. It's a state union bargaining thing that I do not keep good track of.
    WGU B.S.IT - 9/1/2015 >>> ???
  • Options
    onesaintonesaint Member Posts: 801
    Agreed, N2. Although, I wish it weren't. Jumping ship takes time away from studies, training and what not. Long gone are the days of the lifelong company man.

My Uncle spend something like 45 years at Boeing, what a trip.
    Work in progress: picking up Postgres, elastisearch, redis, Cloudera, & AWS.
    Next up: eventually the RHCE and to start blogging again.

Control Protocol; my blog of exam notes and IT randomness
  • Options
    shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    Flat rate contractor, but I usually make sure they have interesting projects so I can give myself a raise when the contract is up with the next contract.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • Options
    XiaoTechXiaoTech Member Posts: 113 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If I stay with my current job, I should have a 15% raise in two months.
    If I can get the job I am being interviewed for in two weeks...I'll be getting a 30~40% increase in pay, plus I'll be required to get MS certs and get paid for training and testing.

Can't wait for that interview! :D
  • Options
    dave330idave330i Member Posts: 2,091 ■■■■■■■■■■
    onesaint wrote: »
    Agreed, N2. Although, I wish it weren't. Jumping ship takes time away from studies, training and what not. Long gone are the days of the lifelong company man.

My Uncle spend something like 45 years at Boeing, what a trip.

These days workforce are very mobile, yet many people are stuck in the lifelong company man mentality.
    2018 Certification Goals: Maybe VMware Sales Cert
    "Simplify, then add lightness" -Colin Chapman
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    @Dave

Industrial model is alive and well but trending downward.
  • Options
    HypntickHypntick Member Posts: 1,451 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Will have a review shortly after finishing WGU. Tag that onto a couple of added certs since my last increase, and going by past performance where I am right now, chances are i'll be getting a bit of a bump. I'd love a 20%, but expect closer to 10%. We'll see how it goes though.
    WGU BS:IT Completed June 30th 2012.
    WGU MS:ISA Completed October 30th 2013.
  • Options
    kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Just had the review with the boss today. Got a 6.3% raise.
  • Options
    MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The last raise I got was 44%. Though, this seems like a huge raise, it was really just put to where I was supposed to be on the scale. I had asked HR for the pay scale for managers and they refused to show me. I know why, because they were severely underpaying me. I spoke with my immediate boss and told him that I think I'm being shorted out on being an IT Manager and getting paid under what I'm supposed to be. It's been a year since my last raise and I'm supposed to get another at the end of each of my years. Though, I don't know if that'll be happening this year since the business I'm in has started to slow down a little.
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S
  • Options
    boredgameladboredgamelad Member Posts: 365 ■■■■□□□□□□
    As I mentioned in another thread, I got a 36% raise and a promotion yesterday, effective July 1st. What I didn't mention is that they're moving the monitoring work from my existing department overseas and the 4 people who remain on the monitoring team are being let go. All four of them have been here longer than me, some of them as long as 6 years. I narrowly avoided the chopping block by having the skills it takes to move into our ticket and change department, and got a raise out of it. So it's a bittersweet victory but at least I still have a job.
  • Options
    TheMechanicTheMechanic Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I cant imagine not getting a raise. I am up for another 5k in august, but will most likely jump ship by end of year for the 58% raise im looking for.
    Needs 100K
  • Options
    xenodamusxenodamus Member Posts: 758
    We did a market analysis of all positions this year. Some received raises, others not.

I got 8% during that process. But, my real growth came from 2 job changes that resulted in a 60% raise over the past year.

On a related note, do you ever feel we have a sense of entitlement when it comes to annual increases? If your company doesn't meet their budget goals, can we really say we "deserve" an increase? Aren't we being paid what we agreed to work for? If you are continually improving yourself, then you very well may be worth more today than you were last year. But your company's annual financial performance is the biggest factor here.
    CISSP | CCNA:R&S/Security | MCSA 2003 | A+ S+ | VCP6-DTM | CCA-V CCP-V
  • Options
    swildswild Member Posts: 828
    Continual improvement aside, I expect a raise equal to or greater than inflation, assuming positive review. Anything less is a pay cut.