Good to go with just a ccna in NYC, yesssssss

luberguilarteluberguilarte Member Posts: 112
Hi , yesterday I was in the main cisco office in NYC for a meetup conference and meet many engineers and they told me that with the knowledge that I have I have big chances to start as a junior engineer , they ask me many questions on this conference and I answered pretty solid and they said I proved to them to have good basic knowledge to find something , even meet few fellas that told me once I am finished with icnd2 to give them a call to work something out , most of this guys were ccie others ccnp and others just ccna but with many years of experience . I am so happy because I see that all my hard work and investment were not in vain .

Comments

• m3zillam3zilla Member Posts: 172
    Did you actually get the job? Don't mean to be a downer but a pat on the back isn't really good for anything icon_sad.gif

When I was a developer, I've interviewed for a few Jr Developer role and passed the technical part with flying colors. I've written codes using notepad and had the Sr Developer given me the thumbs up only to hear that my lack of experience was a concern and never hear from them again.
  • union122union122 Member Posts: 41 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Can you post some of the questions asked ? would like to know where I stand in the networking field. thanks
  • IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    Stay positive and keep your head up but don't count your eggs before they hatch. Keep looking for jobs and internships. Don't count on this one until you actually are signing new hire paperwork. You never know what could happen in the next few weeks or months and the same positions may not be available. Just keep going until you actually have a solid job somewhere
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • luberguilarteluberguilarte Member Posts: 112
    Irirstheangel thank you very much , I always take you suggestions seriously . thanks
    Union122 , the question they were asking me the most was ospf( multi areas, explain exactly how hello and LSA works , dijiskra SPF , neighbors relationship an so on) eigrp , vpn , explain how hdlc and ppp operate , encryption , extended ACL ( that one you have to really neet to know it good , no joke ) frame relay. Just make sure whatever you learn on your studies become part of you and you can talk about it like if is on your nature , but I think what really shock them from me was my attitude , they notice that I have a big passion for this and that's the people they want with them , they don't really care how much you know, if you don't love this you would have little chances to be hire at least by them , I did not even talk about salary because for me right now that does not matter , I am hungry to broaden my knowledge .
  • Aman_sainiAman_saini Member Posts: 62 ■■■□□□□□□□
    luberguilarte even i am like you have good basic knowledge but struggling to get my first job. I am trying my best :)
    Aman_saini , just don't give up and visualize where you want to be in your career and very important pray GOD have faith and you will see that something bigger that what you think will come to you.

One Love
  • Aman_sainiAman_saini Member Posts: 62 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thankyou very much I am not gonna give up :)