Options

Finished!

IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
As of 20 minutes ago, I received that "Notification of Evaluation Completion" email that all of us WGU students wait for. My capstone was approved on the first try and I am now a college graduate!!!!!!!
BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
Blog: www.network-node.com

Comments

• Options
    phaneuf1phaneuf1 Member Posts: 131
    Congratulation!!! Now what's your next move?
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Fantastic, congratulations! :D

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    Next up is getting through the next two months of working two full time jobs and then I'll start on my master's degree
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
  • Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations!!!

What will you get your masters in?
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    TLeTourneauTLeTourneau Member Posts: 616 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congratulations!
    Thanks, Tom

M.S. - Cybersecurity and Information Assurance
    B.S: IT - Network Design & Management
  • Options
  • Options
    demonfurbiedemonfurbie Member Posts: 1,819
    congrats

i should be posting similar in 2 mths

a suggestion get the certs before enrolling in that degree, i plan on doing that degree after as well
    wgu undergrad: done ... woot!!
    WGU MS IT Management: done ... double woot :cheers:
  • Options
    hiddenknight821hiddenknight821 Member Posts: 1,209 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats.

I'm right behind you, demonfurbie. I can't wait to make my post soon.
  • Options
    N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Job well done!
  • Options
    a.a.!4lifea.a.!4life Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Now you can update your sig as wgu bs in it graduate! Do you plan on keeping the 2 jobs while doing your masters? Must I say your drive to succeed is quite the highest I've read on these forums, what motivates you? Any suggestions? I'm hoping to get to that level.
  • Options
    onesaintonesaint Member Posts: 801
    Fantastic Iris, you're like a steamroller! Keep up the fantastic work, but start planning that vacation too!
    Work in progress: picking up Postgres, elastisearch, redis, Cloudera, & AWS.
    Next up: eventually the RHCE and to start blogging again.

Control Protocol; my blog of exam notes and IT randomness
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Very nice, congrats!
  • Options
    ValsacarValsacar Member Posts: 336
    congrats

i should be posting similar in 2 mths

a suggestion get the certs before enrolling in that degree, i plan on doing that degree after as well

There is no logic in that suggestion... Pay extra to get the certs before you take the program that would have given them to you for free? To what, save a week or two off the program? Maybe study (free material) for those certs, but getting them before is completely illogical, you'll be spending more money to achieve the same goal.

Gratz Iris, I'm doing the MSISA right now... it's not too bad.
    WGU MS:ISA Progress:
    Required: NOTHING!!!!!
    Current Course: NONE

Completed: COV2, LKT2, LOT2, FNV2, VUT2, JFT2, TFT2, JIT2, FYT2, FMV2, FXT2, FYV2, LQT2
    Started 01 May 2012, Degree awarded 29 Oct 2013
  • Options
    kgbkgb Member Posts: 380
    Congrats!!!
    Bachelor of Science, Information Technology (Software) - WGU
  • Options
    a.a.!4life wrote: »
    Congrats! Now you can update your sig as wgu bs in it graduate! Do you plan on keeping the 2 jobs while doing your masters? Must I say your drive to succeed is quite the highest I've read on these forums, what motivates you? Any suggestions? I'm hoping to get to that level.

I don't plan to keep doing the two jobs past the end of August. I think I'm going to start the MSISA in the beginning of September. As far as motivation: I guess it's just that pressure to succeed before I get too old to turn my life around. I feel like I wasted too much of my early 20's and only really turned my life around when I got my first IT job when I turned 26. I currently have a significant other who is in med school so we motivate each other. She is going to be busy with her last year of med school until June of next year and her first year of residency will be even worse. Ideally, I would like to be done with my Master's degree by the time her schedule starts to slow down so we can relax together and enjoy the fun things in life.

To the person that mentioned getting the certifications for the MSISA program before I start: unfortunately this won't be very practical for me. I have to get my MCITP:EA by the end of the year for my job and I'm going to take the MSISA program a big slower than my undergrad degree. During the course of getting my MSISA, the only other certification goals I have are the MCITP:EA, CCNP, and the upgrade to the MCSE 2012. I figure all those things are doable in 2.5 years while doing 8-12 credits a semester.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
  • Options
    PishofPishof Member Posts: 193
    Congrats! Just submitted my capstone myself - it feels so good.
    Courses Left for WGU BS - IT: NA:
    Finished!

On to VCAP!
  • Options
    meklermekler Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Awesome! Congratulations on becoming a college graduate. How long did the WGU program take you to complete?
  • Options
    techie2012techie2012 Member Posts: 150
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif I just submitted KFT1 Task 4 last night and then all that's left is Capstone.
    (CCNP: Switch) Passed!
    (CCNP: Route) Goal: 11/15/12 Progress: 75%
    (CCNP: TShoot) Goal: 12/15/12 Progress: ​50%
    (Perl Scripting) Ongoing :study:
  • Options
    @mekler: It took me 3 semesters while juggling contracting, a fulltime job and my CISSP studies.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
  • Options
    paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Wow --- 2 jobs, a degree, and certs at the same time. Truly amazing and inspiring. Congrats. icon_cheers.gif
  • Options
    shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    How much credit did you start with? I"m sure you said it somewhere before, but too many WGU threads to search through
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • Options
    gdeusthewhizkidgdeusthewhizkid Member Posts: 289
    wow your motivated.. congrats again...
    WGU Progress: Progress | Completed | Start Date: 9/1/2012 B.S. Network Management & Design
    Courses Transferred in: BBC1 LAE1 QBT1 IWC1 IWT1 DHV1 CSV1 CWV1 CRV1 DEV1 - 28 cu :roll:
    Down: AXV1 CPV1 WFV1 CLC1

Technical Diploma from Lincoln Tech.
  • Options
    spiderjerichospiderjericho Registered Users, Member Posts: 891 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congrats Iris. And you seem like you have a clear career pathway and goals set.

And to the person who said it was stupid not to enroll in and take advantage of the opportunity to get certs along the way, everyone is different. It works for some but not for everyone.

I've read plenty of stresse out posts about of stupids eh struggle with CCNA, MCTIP, etc within the parameters of an academic curriculum, especially one where time is your enemy.

I'd recommend those who are interested in the Network Admin or Security track to simply take the regular IT degree. At the end of the day, the goal is the degree not the certs. For most it is an extra incentive or icing on the cake but again not the clear destination.
  • Options
    rep21rep21 Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on all your hard work. :)
    WGU - MS in Information Security and Assurance: May 2016 Start
    WGU - BSIT: Software
    AAS - Systems Admin/Networking
  • Options
    FrankThFrankTh Member Posts: 30 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations.

Good success in your future projects.

FrankTh
  • Options
    shodown wrote: »
    How much credit did you start with? I"m sure you said it somewhere before, but too many WGU threads to search through

I started with about 25 credits transferred. I didn't have to take the 70-680 that everyone hates (Vista configuration apparently counted as a transfer for this?). I had my Security+, A+, Network+, and MCSE out of the way before I began so it counted towards some transfer credits. I think the classes that slowed me down the most were my CCNA and the Java classes but I didn't mind taking them inline with the rest of my classes.
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
  • Options
    netsysllcnetsysllc Member Posts: 479 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations! I should be finished with luck in September. Oddly my mentor left the 70-640,642 and 646 for after my capstone.
  • Options
    netsysllcnetsysllc Member Posts: 479 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I did take the 70-680 and for not having an MS exam for over 8 years I found it hard.
  • Options
    LinuxRacrLinuxRacr Member Posts: 653 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats. I've been taking a break for the last two weeks myself to tackle work demands, but reading your posts, I need to get it back into gear...
    My WGU B.S. IT - Security Progress : Transferred In|Remaining|In Progress|Completed
    AGC1, CLC1, GAC1, INC1, CTV1, INT1, BVC1, TBP1, TCP1, QLT1, HHT1, QBT1, BBC1 (39 CUs), (0 CUs) (0 CUs)
    WFV1, BNC1, EAV1, EBV1, COV1 | MGC1, IWC1 | CQV1, CNV1, IWT1, RIT1 | DRV1, DSV1, TPV1, CVV1 | EUP1, EUC1, DHV1| CUV1, C173 | BOV1, CJV1, TXP1, TXC1 | TYP1, TYC1, SBT1, RGT1 (84 CUs) DONE!
  • Options
    spicy ahispicy ahi Member Posts: 413 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats again Iris! Wow, kicking @$$ and taking names!
    Spicy :cool: Mentor the future! Be a CyberPatriot!