I FAILED THE A+ CORE

antoine808antoine808 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
I AM VERY FUSTRATED AND EXHAUSTED, YET DETEREMINED TO PASS THIS A+ CORE. I HAVE BEEN STUDYING A 2003 VERSION FROM PROMETRIC AND SCORING 100%. I TOOK THE TEST LAST FRIDAY AND IT DID NOT LOOK LIKE THE TEST I TOOK AND FAILED BEFORE. IT WAS DIFFERENT. TODAY I AM UNSURE OF WHAT TO STUDY BECAUSE THE QUESTIONING IS DIFFERENT AND MY KNOWLEGE BASE IS TRULY SHAKEN DUE TO MY FAILURE. PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP OR SUGGEST ANYTHING?
Singing- *Rain drops keep falling on my head*

Comments

• fualkerfualker Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    They never do...How many times did you take the practice exam before you were scored 100%? Sorry man, only thing I can say is run through the material again and don't rely on the practice exams. They are just a tool. I will say the core exam is harder than the OS, so once you get past that one then its a little bit down hill from there on. GL
  • paige1paige1 Member Posts: 117
    Sometimes we know the answer but that is not enough, We have to be able to explain why it is so. (show your work). To do that we must study differently. With your A+ Exam Objectives in hand, try getting different sources on one topic at a time. Say SCSI for example. There are books on the topic, you have TechNotes, you could do a Google search for info, ask questions here in the forum. etc.

Information will be explained differently in different places with diagrams and wording to where at some point, it will make better sense to you and when someone changes a few words around we will still know the question for what it is, and are able to answer it correctly because we understand it.

You can do it.
    Self-confidence is the first requisite to great undertakings.

Samuel Johnson
  • mobri09mobri09 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 723
    Here are some excellent sources with a basic background structure in computers.
    1.Mike Meyers Passport 2nd Edition. (Shows great pics and all)
    2.Technotes/practice tests here
    3.www.stexams.com
    - print these out and highlight them
    4. After you read 3 or 4 chapters go back and read it again so you know it, take notes and especially take your time on the exam. Certifications do require hard work depending on your background. The road to success comes only by failing sometimes. Don't think about what happened in the past..let it go and move on. Good luck my friend icon_wink.gif
  • SugarSugar Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I passed the Hardware exam on Friday wasn't hardly any IRQ's or DMA's questions. Alot of network questions. :D

Going for the O/S in two months!