Options

CISSP integrity destroyed with CBT exam

2»

Comments

• Options
    IristheangelIristheangel Mod Posts: 4,133 Mod
    Mmmmmm... All this American talk makes me hungry for some FREEDOM fries and gives me the desire to polish my large gun collection
    BS, MS, and CCIE #50931
    Blog: www.network-node.com
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,035 Admin
    OK, before I lock this thread, here's my final word...

Two years ago, when I first heard of the (ISC)2's plans to go CBT, I was pretty much of the same opinion as dzg.

In the past, many cert vendors did not take their exam material seriously and experienced major intellectual property thefts, especially in non-USA testing centers. My greatest concern was that this would happen to the (ISC)2 as well and degrade the credibility of their certs.

However, after talking with business and planning people at the (ISC)2, it was clear to me that they were well aware of the problems faced by other cert vendors in the CBT arena. The (ISC)2 was carefully planning and implementing secure and auditied CBT globally for both expanding its business scope and maintaining its certifications integrity and credibility.

People act as if the (ISC)2 just flipped a switch one day and the CBT CISSP was born. This is far from the case. The (ISC)2 understands far more about being a global IT certification vendor than any of the panicked and enraged individuals posting to this thread. I would suggest that we all calm down and chill out and have some blind trust that the (ISC)2 knows what it's doing.
This discussion has been closed.