Options

New graduate

navdeep_mannnavdeep_mann Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have graduated from a well known community college in Toronto with a diploma in computer support and network support. I few certifications like CCNA, ITIL and Microsoft 70-682. I am having a hard time to find an entry level job with minimum wage. I have applied for numerous jobs but never got any response. I was wondering if you guys can give me some advice on my resume or adding a new certification.

Comments

• Options
    phaneuf1phaneuf1 Member Posts: 131
    Use the head hunters. This is your best bet to find a steady job in Toronto. I found my 51k job in a bank on craigslist through a head hunter in Toronto.
  • Options
    MutataMutata Member Posts: 176
    I have a similar diploma to you, and I agree with phaneuf1. Head hunters will most definitely be your best chance of landing an entry level gig.

From a resume perspective I used examples of personal projects and showed how I gained proficiencies in a given technology. Your resume and CV, especially for entry-level positions really have to get across your passion for technology and your drive to learn more.
  • Options
    DevilryDevilry Member Posts: 668
    Yep, i'd go with a staffing agent of some sort.
  • Options
    HLRSHLRS Banned Posts: 142
    try temp agencies,
  • Options
    navdeep_mannnavdeep_mann Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I tried to contact some recruiting companies, but never got any response. I wanted to get CCNP, but I am not sure about having a professional level certification without experience.
  • Options
    parmargparmarg Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hi navdeep
    just keep applying for job and try to go to Robert half technology they are the best in IT field
    i am having same problem and i don't even having a diploma or degree from Canada. My Masters is from India. i am doing my ccna and having A+.
    i am applying for job since march and just got three interviews and not selected yet.
    hope for the best for everybody