Options

Great Discovery at work tonight

gadav478gadav478 Member Posts: 374 ■■■□□□□□□□
So I'm a noob going for my CCENT right now and I've been working here at my current place of employment (Hotel) as a night manager for 4 years and I usually have to go to our server room to back up data. I chose today out of all of my years here to be nosey and I just took a look at some of the stuff down there and what do I see... CISCO everywhere. Switches upon switches, a 2960 catalyst, punchdown blocks, etc. Just really interesting to know that I'll soon be able to configure all of this stuff. I finally am starting to understand what all of it is and what it does! Sorry for being such a noob but hey, we're all born babies right?
Goals for 2015: CCNP

Comments

• Options
    EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I know the feeling too, hope you get the opportunity to get your hands dirty!
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    If you can't be excited about your job, your job probably sucks and since we spend nearly 1/2 of our day at work... Well you see where I am going.

I imagine this was how you actually reacted:

CxJCp.gif
  • Options
    elderkaielderkai Member Posts: 279
    ^ That's how I acted when I first got into this stuff and got to go around to the IDF's every once in awhile in my school. :p Our IDFs were really clean and nice for being a school. Definitely better than the public school I went to. They literally had one IDF in a public computer lab mounted to the wall with no locked case(morelike no case at ALL) and cables just hanging down easily vulnerable. When I saw it, I was just standing there like icon_scratch.gif
  • Options
    m3zillam3zilla Member Posts: 172
    haha, my first reaction was totally different. I took a look at the cables hanging everywhere and I quickly left the room.
  • Options
    gadav478gadav478 Member Posts: 374 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If you can't be excited about your job, your job probably sucks and since we spend nearly 1/2 of our day at work... Well you see where I am going.

I imagine this was how you actually reacted:

CxJCp.gif

Yeah, this made my day lol... can't say that I was more excited than this guy, but I was close.
    Actually, no, I wasn't even close to this. This, my friend is hilarious. Any idea what HE discovered? lol
    Goals for 2015: CCNP
  • Options
    boredgameladboredgamelad Member Posts: 365 ■■■■□□□□□□
    If I am not mistaken, that is actually Adam Savage wearing a Jamie Hyneman mask in an episode of MythBusters where they were testing to see whether a dog could be fooled by a prosthetic mask. He's dancing because it's something Jamie would probably never do.